How to find an apartment or room in Munich

141 posts in this topic

Do you have any tips how can I  increase my chances to make appointment?

Any things I should/shouldnt mention in the message?

So far I answer approx. to 20 adverts a day and it ends with one appointment. Here is the text I'm sending:

Maybe there are things I can improve in my template so I get more responses?

Maybe not bragging about your salary?

IMHO, bragging about the salary is very necessary in this housing market. He'll have to prove it anyway.

However, it is very important to get the German perfect. I see various mistakes - if you nicely ask, maybe people here will help you fix them. ;) That should help get at least a few answers.

It's hard, no matter what you do.

Hi All,

For those searching for a flat in munich I strongly recommend http://www.minga.house

It is basically house notifier for munich. If you don't have time like me searching houses every day every hour then it will do it for you.

And you just need to enter your criteria and apply once you get notified about new apartment posted any website in munich. 

[SEARCH]

Since I am starting work by next week, October 4th, (close to Pasing) I am looking for a shared flat for (temporary) rent ASAP. The apartment should be in close proximity to public transport towards Pasing. Rent may go up to 500 euros. I am originally from France and have spent the last 15 years in California, so unfortunately I cannot speak German yet. This will, however change, as I will be attending language courses soon. Thank you for your help, either contacts or offers will be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes, Yeelen

[SUCHE]

Da ich naechste Woche schon anfangen muss zu Arbeiten (Naehe Pasing) bin ich auf der Suche nach einem WG-Zimmer zur (Zwischen)miete ASAP. Die Wohnung sollte mit den oeffentlichen Verkehrsmittel gut an Pasing angebunden sein.

Miete darf bis 500 Euro warm gehen.

Ich bin urspruengliche Franzoesin und habe die letzten 15 Jahre in Kalifornien verbracht, deshalb kann ich leider noch kein Deutsch. Dies wird sich aber bald aendern, da ich Sprachkurse belegen werde.

Ich bedanke mich fuer eure Hilfe, sei es Kontakte oder Angebote.

Viele Gruesse,

Yeelen

On 9/29/2016, 9:38:41, Yeelen said:

[SEARCH]

Since I am starting work by next week, October 4th, (close to Pasing) I am looking for a shared flat for (temporary) rent ASAP. The apartment should be in close proximity to public transport towards Pasing. Rent may go up to 500 euros. I am originally from France and have spent the last 15 years in California, so unfortunately I cannot speak German yet. This will, however change, as I will be attending language courses soon. Thank you for your help, either contacts or offers will be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes, Yeelen

[SUCHE]

Da ich naechste Woche schon anfangen muss zu Arbeiten (Naehe Pasing) bin ich auf der Suche nach einem WG-Zimmer zur (Zwischen)miete ASAP. Die Wohnung sollte mit den oeffentlichen Verkehrsmittel gut an Pasing angebunden sein.

Miete darf bis 500 Euro warm gehen.

Ich bin urspruengliche Franzoesin und habe die letzten 15 Jahre in Kalifornien verbracht, deshalb kann ich leider noch kein Deutsch. Dies wird sich aber bald aendern, da ich Sprachkurse belegen werde.

Ich bedanke mich fuer eure Hilfe, sei es Kontakte oder Angebote.

Viele Gruesse,

Yeelen

Hi Yeelen,

Are you still looking for a place? let me know if you are, and you might be interested in an offer. PM me if you are interested.

Is the apartment with air conditioning?

And are the keys sent to me from London once I've paid the deposit?

Looking for furnished 1 room studio for 3 months+ for the initial setup. Budget 700-800EUR warm all inclusive. Prefer not to give caution and provision fees. thanks

1 hour ago, Dipyaman said:

Looking for furnished 1 room studio for 3 months+ for the initial setup. Budget 700-800EUR warm all inclusive. Prefer not to give caution and provision fees. thanks

We would all prefer not to give Kaution/Provision!  Good luck with that one.

For furnished and warm, you will probably need to increase your budget and caution is mandatory.

What do you mean by all inclusive? Electricity, water, heating, internet...? That will cost more. Warm usually just includes Nebenkosten (house costs).

46 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

What do you mean by all inclusive? Electricity, water, heating, internet...? That will cost more. Warm usually just includes Nebenkosten (house costs).

1-2 months caution is still okay but certainly no provision for such short term rental :( , I can go up to 1000EUR. what are the sites I should look for except Mr.Lodge and Liz Frey?

[Search / Advice]

Hello members,

Since last 6 months I have been seraching for apartment in Munich, if possible in area of Milbertshofen, Schwabing.
Uptil now I have visited about 10 apartments, but I have always been declined and the Vermieter or Hausverwaltung always prefer someone else.

I always visit the apartment with all the documents required, but still there is no success.

My preference is:
2 – 3 rooms and Warmmiete around 1000 Euro.

Can anybody recommend me some Immobiliendienstleistungen (property agents) who could help me to find apartment in above mentioned areas.

I look forward to hear your advices.

Many Thanks 

Regards,
Zeeshan

[SEARCH]

Hello Toytown-ers,

I'm moving to Munich next month from Hamburg and I'm looking for a 1-2 rooms flat, Warmmiete up to 1500 Euro. I'll have a temporary place to stay so I can even take up flats that are available starting July or August.

Preferred areas: Lehel, maxvorstadt, schwabing west, au, haidhausen, ludwigsstadt isarvorstadt, neuhausen, altstadt

Any lead is definitely appreciated. Thanks so much!