How to find an apartment or room in Munich

141 posts in this topic

BTW just wondered how did everyone else got around not being able to speak German?

I tried emailing people (google translate) but I got no reply, and so far only one person I phoned could speak English. Whilst I am at work I can ask a colleague for help, but I really don't want to take the piss.

Given that agency fees run into the multiple thousands I was even thinking of offering prize money! 500 euro to anyone who can get me a flat

Bipa, the.frollein, thanks, that was it.

I looked for it within the accommodation (offer and wanted) sections, but couldn't find it...

Thanks for the link!

Ok, I know I am technology challenged but I would like to put a post on this wonderful website to find a lodger. It is simple, I am 46, female, single and I have a house but need to share the pain of the bills so I am looking for a lodger. I have a guest room of course. but Hey, here it is, I am 46, I have two dogs, so the person would need to be a dog lover, I am a smoker but a apart from that, I work 70 hours week, have very little time for myself so a little help would be nice. Rent would depend on what the person has to offer in return. And btw, I live in Haimhausen, a wonderful Bavarian sanctuary cought between Dachau and the flughafen.

How do I advertise for this?

Thanks

Dahlfi

Hi Dahlfi, Did you ever have any success finding a boarder? I just came across this thread and see that your post is over three months old. I am in negotiations with a company that wants me to reside in the Munich area (or somewhere close to a big airport that serves the rest of Europe). It is a position installing and maintaining chemistry analyzers in labs and I will have to travel a good bit. The thing is, I too have a dog that I love very, very much. She is very well-behaved and gets along with all other creatures. So, ideally, I would like to find a housing situation where I had a roommate that could also help with my dog when I'm not there. How do you manage to care for your dogs when you are working 70 hours a week?

Ben

Dear Toytowners!

we are experiencing a worrying increase in fraudulent property operators here in germany and Munich.

Here are some links with the e-mail addresses and scammers you should avoid:

The following website is in German language, but the names the scammers are using and the fake passport identification images are viewable:

http://inkassohilfe...bilienanzeigen/

http://facto24.de/20...-mietwohnungen/

Please do not transfer money to any company or individual you have not checked out thoroughly.

Here is an example of how thorough & professional a scamming website can be:

http://agency-rental.co.uk/realestate/

Basically, if it sounds too good to be true... it usually is!

Just wanted to get this message to as many as possible.

Best regards,

Mr. Lodge Team

Hi!

Has anyone ever used "www.immo110.de"? I don't exactly understand how it works, but it seems that they look for Provisionfrei apartments for you and you only pay a small fee.

Does anyone have experience with them? Did they find an apartment for you?

I am looking for an apartment in Munich and I am trying all the possible ways to get it!

Thank you!!!

Today i visited an apartment, and it had an EBK, a built in kitchen... Something the rest of humanity expects to be there anyhow.

The makler insisted that

A) the kitchen is part of the house, not taken away by the renter.

B) there will be no mention of the kitchen in the contract if I go ahead with it.

C) the rent will be increased by 50 euro every year, for the next 8 years after which, it will be locked.

The reason when i asked about the absence of any kitchen reference in a contract was given as, the landlord becoming responsible of the appliances, and that he doesnt want that.

Then i asked

A)what happens if i break things down, how can they proove that there was an appliance in the first place. Or prevent me from taking it away. Not that i ever take those shitty stuff.

B) how i can guarante that whative seen would actually be there when i assume the unit.

My spider senses were uncomfortable with the whole notion Of missing things from the contract.

Anybody encountered things like this? What is your idea of all this?

Hey Aihal,

if I were you I wouldn't take it, something just seems off, that there is something about it that will lead to you regretting your decision. I've been renting rooms for a couple of years and I always stay away whenever something weird like that happens.

Cheers

thanks David, I came to the same conclusion.

I still have another 2 months of temp accommodation, so no need to panic yet, but boy it is an adventure finding a place.

Time for a reminder:

If the person offering accommodation requests to be contacted

via PM:

Please use the Message button on the bottom left of his post

or, alternatively, the person provides us with an email or telephone number in the post

email

or

call him

Thank you.

Hi, I've been looking for a WG in Munich and have had a real bad time! I have sent lots of emails and almost no replies! These are some names and emails of scammers:

Name: Sebastian. Email: ajaloarugbe@gmail.com

Name: n/a. Email: molin.kasper9@gmail.com

Name: Alvaro, Franka Phil. Email: omoteee5@gmail.com

Name: David. Email: davidbrahler@yahoo.de

Name: Jenifer Brown. Email: janny_pet@yahoo.com

Name: Adrien. Email: andenosa@gmail.com

Regards,

Hello All,

I just signed a contact until end of December and I will need to rent a room or small flat in Munich. Ideally not far away from Tucherpark. Would you be able to help with websites where I could search for accommodation.

I don't really have much time as I start on 20th August. Oh, I don't speak German. I guess it is pretty obvious though.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Tiho

Dear all,

I'm looking for an apartment from Nov/Dec onwards for 2 people around Schwabing/isartor or the innercity areas for less than 800 euros a month. Preferably furnished. I'm having a lot of trouble finding anything suitable and provisionfrei on the internet. Any help would be greatly appreciated=)

Nancy

You could try looking through "Kurz & Fuendig" which comes out Tuesdays and Fridays or the "Sueddeutsche Zeitung" on Saturdays.

Edit: you can find them online too.

Hello,

here you can get support to find an accommodation in Munich without paying for a real estate agency:

www.wohnrauminmuenchen.de

hi,

My family had used Homecompany for 3 years and they found them to be biased towards the landlord and providing next to no help for ex-pat tenants. When we had problems with racist remarks from our landlord's son, they remained neutral so we went further to lodge a police report to stop the verbal abuse. Later when we requested to move out and have our deposit returned, Homecompany remained neutral again and pushed all issues for us to resolve independently.

When we moved to Munich, we used mrlodge which were also unprofessional.We stated that we needed a 2 room flat urgently, they gave us a 1 room flat and a 1utility room which is extremely small.In addition, the flat that we moved into had half of the bedroom wardrobe locked. the 2nd room locked and 90% of the bookshelf already occupied with landlords books!This is a small problem compared to the fact that we were advised that there is telephone and possibility for internet service.What we found was that the phone did not work and it was next to impossible to install a DSL connection in the house since the landlord had the phoneline locked as well.We then bought an internet surf stick but experienced connection loss problems every 5mins! When we contacted mrlodge, they sent us general links to O2, kabelinternet and other general links and did not address our problem at all. We were also inconvenienced with maintenance of the flat for 3 weeks.We were assured that it did not affect us living on the highest floor, but we had half naked workmen visible outside our balcony.As such, we had to keep our curtains drawn!There were a whole list of problems.

I would definitely not recommend homecompany nor mrlodge unless you want to loose your deposit and deal with a whole list ofhidden issues.I had to take a week off to deal with all the issues that mrlodge threw up after I signed the flat contract.Incidently it costs 1250€ and i had paid mrlodge ~900€ for 3 months!

hi people, I have been reading thourgh this forum and I tried lots of websites listed here to find a WG room, but unfortunately I have received 0 replies... It is a bit frustrating since I am supposed to start working on Nov 1st and have no idea yet where to live... If anyone has a room to rent for a period of 6 months, near Neubiberg/Ottobrunn/Giesing area (close to S7 would be perfect) please, o please, do contact me :)

Hello, I am an electronics engineer and a private owner of some apartments in Munich and offer them commission free, fully furnished and with a contract which doesn't bind you for long.

Have a look: www.cityrooms24.de (German and English).

Is someone know some good real estate agency where I can go in Munich where they can speak english?

thanks

Hello,

I am currently in the process of moving to Munich and I am looking at some temporary accommodation. Two places have been brought to my attention, the first is WIMDU (www.wimdu.com) which has people offering rooms in their house.

The second is www.roomforrent.de. which seems to be a building of Spartan rooms with shared bathrooms/kitchens offered at daily/weekly/monthly rates. At 495Euros for a one person for a month, it seems quite good.

I was just wondering if anyone has had experience with either of these services?

[adminmerge][/adminmerge]