Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How to hibernate your TT account

21 posts in this topic

There is no way for TT members to delete their own accounts.

The reason for this is to prevent abuse.

If self-deletion were possible then spammers and trolls could sign up, terrorise the site for an hour, then disappear without a trace. And believe me, there are people who attempt to do this, often.

Not allowing deletions helps us to better keep track of troublemakers and weed them out.

Should you decide you no longer wish to be part of TT, there is now a "deactivate" feature for hibernating your account.

This function will:

• completely blank your profile
  • remove your photo
  • delete your personal data (except your email address)
  • disable your personal message feature
  • switch off all email subscriptions and notifications

Such profile blanking has always been possible, but now it can all be done with one click.

After blanking your profile you can still log in and reawaken your account if you choose, or you can abandon it forever to rest in peace.

To really kill the account, you can change the email to a vanity address - one you'll never check - and change the password to a random string you can't remember.

The deactivate button is to be found under: My settings -> Profile

To really kill the account, you can change the email to a vanity address - one you'll never check.

How long does that take? And is that when your login on all the posts you ever made becomes *FormerAccountName*?

And more pertinently, why has this been introduced? People thinking of leaving?

To kill the account so that you can't access it again, you can change the password to one that you won't remember, e.g. by hitting random keys for the new password, and cutting and pasting it into the confirmation box.

How long until Serenajean1 deletes herself?

P.S., Are you offering account recovery services as well, Editor_Bob?

I have never wiped my profile.

Most I have done is add a punching bag as a picture.

But fear not Krieg, you won't loose me so easily. I get too much joy from watching asinine wishful thinking.

Cheerio.

There is no way for TT members to delete their own accounts.

The reason for this is to prevent abuse.

If self-deletion were possible then spammers and trolls could sign up, terrorise the site for an hour, then disappear without a trace. And believe me, there are people who attempt to do this, often.

Not allowing deletions helps us to better keep track of troublemakers and weed them out.

Then do what facebook do and actually delete the account data 14 days after you've requested deletion of your account (if 14 days is tight having looked at the average user time between logins then make it a month or something) and retain the minute data (ip address etc.) that you need to keep track of the idiots.

I'm not thinking of deleting my account, but this doesn't do you any favours in the data privacy/retention dept when your policy at the moment is worse than farcebook.

this doesn't do you any favours in the data privacy/retention dept when your policy at the moment is worse than farcebook.

if you do what Ed Bob suggested there is no private data stored on the profile. <_<

I suggest you change the button or offer options such as "Hibernation" to say you are some sort of leave and away or just don't want to post. The other should say "Therapy" because some of us are pretty addicted to this forum and need the warm fuzzy of possible recovery. :) NOT!!! :lol:

Look, I have got minus two for even posting this. I would love to know what low life fuckers gave me a minus 2 for mentioning that the system needs to be fixed. I doubt those fucktards would give me a neg if they knew they would be known.

Agree getting neg'd for having a contrary opinion pissed me off as well :angry:

Should you decide you no longer wish to be part of TT, there is now a "deactivate" feature for hibernating your account.

This function will:

• completely blank your profile
  • remove your photo
  • delete your personal data (except your email address)
  • disable your personal message feature
  • switch off all email subscriptions and notifications

Such profile blanking has always been possible, but now it can all be done with one click.

The deactivate button is to be found under: My settings -> Profile

Thank You and Good Night :ph34r: