Buying Land + grunderwerbsteuer

26 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

Yes. A Notar has to be involved in any property sale/purchase transaction under the German system.

There are exceptions though. E. g. when you buy a property via foreclosure auction.

Thank you all. The contact person at the Gemeinde has also confirmed to me that the Notar will be involved. I will be talking to my bank this week.

I dont know if this quesion belongs here or I take it to the Finance section: I want to have some foreknowledge of the financing rules before talking to the Bank. Does anyone has experience taking another mortgage for another home. I already have a mortgage for my apartment (since 2018), and I'm considering the option of renting this out when I move to the new house. Will the Bank increase my rate if I decide to rent my present apartment out, or is it better if I sell it off. 

7 hours ago, justwise said:

Will the Bank increase my rate if I decide to rent my present apartment out,

Short answer: No

I bet most people in your situation, letting their mortgaged former house/apt, out of fear that "maybe" the bank increase the interest, simply don't inform the lender. 

No, I'm not suggesting it.

On 18/02/2020, 21:46:52, Gambatte said:

All straightforward, I doubt there can be "good" and "bad" Notar.

Is it so? I am in the process of buying (if all goes well) a piece of land, and the seller had a contract redacted by a Notar. *His* Notar (seller has a construction company, so I would assume he knows this Notar well as he's worked with him quite a few times). Am I crazy in thinking that this is dodgy? I know the Notar should be super partes, but I still think the seller could have just asked us if it was ok to use this particular one, at the end of the day we'll be the ones who pay him... :blink:

Let the Notar have you the contract beforehand so you can let a legal professional of your choice checking it for you. Same as one would do with any other big deal contract. I presume this is a very common situation.