Life in Regensburg/Ratisbon

51 posts in this topic

Well a carnival like atmospere without the rides ha ha. Not dangerous but loud and crowded. Where in the aldtstadt are you? Here is a link that states where stages will be set up at as well as entertainment. I live between the fischmarkt and the Kohlenmarkt(Don Juan) so I personally will be surrounded by two stages and will hear everything since I live on top floor.

Bürgerfest

I looked into it and luckily - we have no stages on our street - but since we are close to the train, it is always loud. It looks like it will be a lot of fun - I'll have to take a closer look at the map and see exactly where things will be.

Whats with the helicopters today? Jesus they are low and slow. Either they are looking for someone or they are mapping something out. I cannot hammer today but they can buzz aound at 8:30 AM?

Stages are being set and a few preemptive shows have already gone on for "test " purposes. Just a note well a great not I noticed Weltenburger is setting up at neufarnplatz (main square) and in my opinion a must. In the past they have provided a great , eclectic music selection with wonderful burgers and their reknowned beer to complement it.

Do ALL the pubs and bars now close at 2 am? Was there last Saturday, couldn't believe it. Is there nowehere to go til about 4 that's not a Studentendiscothek?

You are hanging with the wrong people. After 2 am there are a ton of places to go to. Wünderbar and Piratencoven are the first two that come to mind. Oh wait you're English. So no there are no places to go after 2 am in fact the city closes at 7pm. I hope that helps.

Erm, no not really. I thought the third sentence sounded helpful until I read the Verordnung der Stadt Regensburg über die Sperrzeit von Gaststätten in Regensburg:

"Die Sperrzeit für Schank- und Speisewirtschaften sowie für öffentliche Vergnügungsstätten, die in der Altstadt südlich der Donau innerhalb des Grüngürtels, der gebildet wird aus dem Herzogspark, der Prebrunnallee, der Fürst-Anselm-Allee, den Grünanlagen am Ernst-Reuter-Platz, an der Landshuter Straße und der Gabelsbergerstraße und aus dem Villapark, sowie in Stadtamhof und auf dem Oberen Wöhrd und dem Unteren Wöhrd liegen, beginnt um 2.00 Uhr und endet um 6.00 Uhr. In der Nacht zum 1. Januar ist diese Sperrzeitregelung aufgehoben."

Oh wait. Your American and have only been here for 10 years or so, so here's a rough translation:

The lockout for pubs and grill restaurants, as well as for public entertainment facilities, which lie in the old town south of the Danube within the greenbelt, which is formed from the Herzogspark, Prebrunnallee, the Fürst-Anselm-Allee, the small park at the Ernst-Reuter-Platz, the Landshuter Straße and Gabelsbergerstraße and from Villa Park, as well as in Stadtamhof and on the Upper and Lower Wöhrd starts at 2am and ends at 6am. In the night before and including the 1st of January the lockout scheme is lifted.

Trust me dude they are open after 2am you just need to know staff. Not that I would do ANYTHING illegally but have heard *ahem* through the grapevine bars are open after said *ahem* 2 am time.

Ok. I believe you. Three of the people that I was with, that have lived there over 5 years, two of whom are students, obviously aren't in the know then.

Thanks for the tips. I'll be trying them places out the next time I'm down.

Well if this Saturday was the day then it also could have been because of the large police pesence in the Aldtstadt although possibly not noticable to some. I assume you were in town with Ms KW to cover the demonstration. I know a few places decided to stay close or closed early because of this. The demonstration that is.

That could well be the reason. I've been looking through law for Regensburg and from what I can tell it has been in effect since 2002. I've been going to Regensburg since 2003 and I've never known the bars to close at 2.

We weren't there for the demo, no. Ms KW had the day off. Not that we were needed. Only 60 of them turned up I heard...