Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Archaeological dig in Grünwald

24 posts in this topic

Does it have to do with the lack of teeth?

I say child?

And whats up with her eye looks like someone stepped on her head.

@jeremy - if you look at the report (follow the link) you will see aa aerial photo and a map.It was near the golf course.

golf course in Gruenwald? There isn't one! There's a driving range type thing and I believe that's where this is near since one of the buildings in the info Taffthedigger provided is of a building down the street toward the May pole/Town Center of Gruenwald.

I used to live a few blocks from the 'golf course' if it's what I'm thinking of.

Sorry for not being able to keep on top of this thread - some scumbag hacked my computer, stole some dosh and then left a prezzie that killed the machine when we took it off. Normal service now resumed...hopefully.

Serenajean1 is right when she mentions the lack of teeth on the jaw. This was a woman who died in her 50's. Her lower teeth had fallen out some considerable time prior to death as the sockets had fused over (If you have had your wisdom teeth out, you will know that after a while the hole starts to grow over). Being 50 something, she would have been a real senior citizen in the village. The hole in the head was post-mortem, either rot or where a plant had put down a root.

This job is now finished - dug all the village and skeletons so I can reveal that this was actually in Aufhausen (Erding way if you don't know it), right next to the Amadeus building.