Motorcycling Berlin Brandenburg, regular ride days

85 posts in this topic

Hey,

is there still interest in this community for rideouts? I am a local having my licence for a few month now.

It would be great to become better in biking and get a few more language skills ;-)

Anyone out there interested reply here or write me (oliver.pfeiler[at]gmail.com) and I will arrange something.

MfG Oli

Hi, yes I have been riding most of the summer, in between the rain! We general meet at the Spinner Brucke at Wannsee on a Sunday morning for a coffee and heading out from there for 3-4 hours, usually to the south or east. Couple of weeks ago we rode down to Wittenburg. Minimum is 2, usually it's 3, sometimes we get as many as 8 (but that is the exception! I attached a photo to the post from a ride about 6 weeks ago). You are welcome to join. Send me a message here or reply to this thread, we can try but I suspect we won't get many more riding days in this year. Regards. Jonathan.

post-109627-13158171624611.jpg

Just reopening this thread for 2012 - now the sun is shining again, is anyone interested in going for a ride in the next few weeks? I've got a few trips in mind, one down to Wittenburg for example... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wittenberg

Hi! just joined the forum (though i've been checking it for some time). And i decided only because it's a bike thread... ;)

The idea sounds very cool, and i'm really interested. Right now i can't because i'm in the process of getting a German insurance and plates (any idea about wich company?) for my bike (BMW F800gs). Everytime i see it parked, tears come to my eyes...

Hi, I use AXA. http://www.axa.de/servlet/PB/menu/1098691/index.html Probably not the cheapest around but it does the job. The sun is shining - get your plates, you know it makes sense B)

I use Allianz... as long as I had proof of previous insurance (car or bike) there was a decent reduction in the premium.

Hi all,

I'm a biker without a bike but I have a voucher for one of the rental places and I'd like to use it by the end of September before nice weather ride outs become a non-starter. If anyone is interested, please let me know and I'll organise a bike. If I get no repsonses I'll just ride out on my own but it would be bril to go along with someone else. Haven't been on a bike in 4 years mind, so take it easy!

Get it touch by PM or here please, I'll wait a week or so and if nobody bites, I'll go out alone.

I'd be really interested in a group ride, but need to rent a bike. Any recommendations on where to rent, and what's involved in that? I'm an experienced rider from the States. Would need clothing/helmet as well.

Hi folks,

I moved to Berlin (Wilmersdorf) a year ago and I ride a KTM 690 Enduro (dual sport). I don't speak much German, and have yet to meet anyone who rides. Kinda boring to go riding alone. Looking for riding buddies. Vroom, vroom.

I've tried sending you a PM...says that you are not setup for PM messages.

Well after leaving Munich last autumn to move to Berlin for work-related reasons, I'm slowly thinking about motorcycle riding again. I have two older motorcycles (Honda CBR600 and Yamaha TDR250) languishing in Bavaria and am contemplating the upcoming riding season. In this context, I have two questions:

1) Should I even bother bringing one or both bikes up to Berlin (the option being to leave them in Munich and ride when I'm visiting)?

2) Is it possible to rent a garage (and would any of you be interested in sharing)?

Thanks for reading!

Ralph

CBR600.jpg

TDR250_1.jpg

Sad to say there isn't much good riding in the area, compared to Bavaria that is. Although to be fair any riding is good riding as far as I'm concerned, but there are no real twisties, it's all pretty much flat, straight roads. And I've not had much luck finding riding buddies. In the summer months there are always plenty of bikers at the Spinnerbrücke cafe at Wannsee, hundreds of them on a sunny weekend so you might have more luck than me. Let me know if you do decide to bring a bike up and we can hook up (nice wheels by the way B) ).

I rent an underground space for EUR 35 per month, best bet is to look on immobilen.de, under the drop down box "Was Suchen Sie?" select Garage/Stellplatz, you can find outside and inside parking places for motorbikes. Good luck!

Thanks for your response! I guess I've been spoiled after living in Munich and Stuttgart, but agree that any riding is better than no riding. I'll probably bring up one of my bikes if I can find garage space. The weather is really making me itch for a ride. Maybe we can get together for a tour one of these days.

Sounds great! My wife and I are planning a riding trip to the Stuttgart area in May and I'm hoping to do a riding tour of the Black Forst in June with a mate from the UK, so maybe I can get some tips from you on cool places to visit :)

This was Spinnerbrücke this evening, stopped there on the ride home from work B)

post-109627-14286904408998.jpg

post-109627-14286903243442_thumb.jpg

TDR looks lovely. Mate in Ireland restored one from the frame up and I've ridden it a few times...great fun when they come on pipe. I would love to get back into riding again as well but will wait until next year when we have a house with a carport. Can't bear to leave a bike on the footpath.