Motorcycling Berlin Brandenburg, regular ride days

85 posts in this topic

What's the story with bringing over a bike and getting insurance before it's registered in Germany? When I bought bikes in the UK and rode them to Ireland, my Irish insurance would always cover me if I gave them the UK plate details...are German insurers ok covering Irish plate bikes while you sort out the registration/TÜV?

Good news is there's quite a decent sized group now, bad news is the weather isn't looking too bright this weekend. I'll keep an eye on it - if it's just damp roads that's fine but I'm not really into riding when it's cats & dogs. At the last count I think we have a couple of BMWs, couple of Triumphs, a Transalp, with a Duc to join in a few weeks. Did I miss anyone? PM me if you want my phone number and I'll post here again on Saturday evening and/or Sunday AM with the latest...

Yeah according to my weather report Sat and Mon will be nice, but rain on Sunday. Let's hope not, I'm up for it as long as it's not raining. Will also check back in on Sunday morning.

Weather looks 50/50 :unsure: but providing it's not chucking it down I'll be at Spinnerbrucke at 12. PM me for my phone number. I'm riding a Blue/white Triumph America with British plates, probably have a black leather jacket with union jack on the sleeve. Hopefully see you tomorrow - I have a book with some rides around the Berlin Brandenburg area in it - even if we don't do one of those tomorrow will can still make plans for the rest of the summer. Cheers. Jonathan.

I'll be there at noon also if it's dry. Silver BMW R80 with Regensburg plates, matte black Shoei helmet.

No worries Nick, hopefully we'll catch up with you at the next one, maybe next week or week after that? Looking forward to checking out the Transalp than. Cheers. Jonathan.

First meet today! More talking than riding but a meet is planned next sunday at 10am at the spinnerbruecke, and i will be organising a little ride for a couple of hours - let me kbow if interested. Looking forward to meeting more of you

Rob

glad you all had a good time, weather seemed nice for it. i'm off to brighton this weekend for a wedding unfortunately :( one day i'll meet you all for sure.

on the insurance thing. 150 for year round third party and teilkasko thru my allianz guy. not bad.

but i've got a quick question about protected no claims - i'm on "step 10" discount having brought over the no claims history from my previous car insurance in england, but it seems like protected no claims insurance isn't done here in germany, at least on old motorbikes.. only on newer cars. is this correct? the last thing i want to do is have a claim against me here and then move back to manchester next year or the year after and have to pay thru the nose to insure anything bigger than a ford fiesta. just gotta hope i don't hit anything i guess & settle damage claims in cash or whatever.

Really sorry guys, but I wont be able to come this Sunday as I have to go away on business and will leave Berlin Friday. The following week would be great for me BUT if you guys still wanna ride out this weekend, I can mention part of the route I was thinking of, and I am sure you can work the rest out! Let me know what you think, and let me know also if you wanna meet up on Sunday 22nd too. Cheers

Hi guys,

Just found this discussion here and it sounds good fun to me. I'm a biker as well and I hope you wouldn't mind having a girl in the group. ;-) Thankfully, I'm off work from Wednesday next week until 30. August if anyone fancies going for a little ride somewhere. Btw, I'm riding a Yamaha Diversion 600 S and only speed on motorways.

Cheers Inga

Yeah, come along Inga! We have plans to meet this Sunday (weather permitting), but it seems there will only be a couple of us.

So come join us this Sunday if you can, otherwise hopefully we'll be able to pull a bigger group together for one of the following Sundays in August.

I'll be there so that makes three so far. I'll plan a route and print a few copies so if we get separated at least everyone will know the stops along the way. Shall we say 10AM at the Spinnerbruecke? I think we should plan to be out for 2-3 hours, including time for snacks along the way :P

Hi All - I might (is a slim chance right now) be able to join you too. Not sure if the business trip is happening or not. IF it doesnt, and the weather is good, I will see you all at 10am too. I will then take over the route planning for one of the next trips out. hopefully see you sunday!

Yep, if the weather is fine I might join in but it is more likely me being there Sunday next week. Right, will try and make it this Sunday but I can't promise anything. Cheers

Hi all - looks like more thunderstorms tomorrow, so I won't be there. Here's hoping for sunnier weather next Sunday. I'll check in again during the week.

Cheers

Jonathan.