Motorcycling Berlin Brandenburg, regular ride days

85 posts in this topic

Hi, I recently got a motorbike and I'm trying to find other expats in the Berlin area who would be interested to meet up on a fairly regular basis - it's a lot more fun riding in a group :rolleyes: I saw a few people on Toytown who have motorcycling listed as one of their interests - anybody else fancy meeting up for a ride and a beer? If so let me know and I'll try to get something organised in the next few weeks.

Jonathan.

Hi Jonathan,

I'd be interested too - no motorbike as yet but looking to buy one. It'll be my first so deffo keen to meet some English speaking bikers and have a ride out. My old vespa is somehow still roadworthy so I can bring that along although will struggle to keep up :(

Cheers

Nick

I'm down, just got back into town with my bike. I should say though that it's an older bike and not built for speed, so I usually don't ride much faster than 120.

Let me know what you have in mind as far as day/destination.

Okay, so we're at 5 now, that's a good number to start with. I was thinking of a Sunday morning or afternoon - meet at a bar somewhere, work out our itinerary, ride for an hour or so to a bar for another drink & a chat. I've been to the Spinnerbrucke bar near Wannsee - normally quite a few bikes there and a good selection of food, snacks & drinks - always an important consideration :D

Spinnerbrucke

I'm not a fast rider myself, I have a Triumph America so it's built for cruising, not speed. What does everyone else have? How does that day work for you guys? I'm easy really, I just don't have as much time during the week due to the work thing :angry: Then we can do the same once or twice a month, same day/time. Let me know what you think. We could start that next weekend, weather permitting...

Sunday works. Should we say Spinnerbrucke at noon then? (weather permitting)

I'll check back on Saturday to reconfirm.

I'm on a 1985 BMW R80.

Hi Guys,

I'm definitely interested in rides out - or even scoffing food down the spinner and oggling the bikes on a sunday afternoon! Got a Triumph Street Triple myself, brings a smile to my face every day! Happy being a bit cheeky with the throttle or bimblinlg about at 50, all good as far as I am concerned. Cheers, Scott.

sounding like a plan. i may even have bike by then too.. went down to the muggelsee on saturday to view a transalp but the dealers didn't have the right plates for a test drive.. :( hope to go back tomorrow for a proper ride out and hopefully purchase!

Hi all,

I would be up for this when it suits as well.

I need to get my BMW R1100RS serviced and on the road again but if I manage it by this weekend I'll come along.

Been missing all the summer riding and it's killing me!

Cheers,

Ian

morning..

well, the good news is.. i bought the transalp..! the bad news is.. i've got little chance of getting it insured, registered etc and collecting it by the weekend (yes, there are times when things back in blighty are more efficient :) ). sorry to miss out on the meet on sunday but hope you all have a good ride and keep this thread alive for the next one..

cheers

nick

If I had somewhere to keep a bike out of the rain/damp I'd bring one of mine over...but I'm not going to and just leave it on the footpath to slowly rust. Wonder how much a garage would cost to rent...hmmmm.

mate.. i'm thinking the same.. perhaps renting a garage for 4 months or so over the winter.. maybe out of town would be cheap? if we could find a decent sized lock up a few of us could share it?

Funny, I was thinking the same thing before I brought my bike up here where I have to park on the street. Would be great to rent a spot between 3 or 4 people Nov-March/April.

I'm in.

sounds good.. let try and get 3 or 4 then and get a plan before the autumn.. it seems perfectly possible, here's an example.. 25 sqm for 100 euro a month.

http://kleinanzeigen.ebay.de/anzeigen/s-anzeige/frisch-renovierte-pkw-garage-ca-25-qm-ab-sofort-!!!/9908545

Yeah something like that, we can discuss it one of the ride days.

You sure you can't get you bike on the road by the weekend? When I did mine it took about an hour. I bought my insurance online, got the sms insurance code, went to the Zulassungsstelle, filed the papers with insurance code, had a plate printed while I waited and walked out with everything about 30 mins later. Of course that was in Regensburg, perhaps they're much busier here in Berlin, I don't know.

they are busy here.. it took me 2 hours when i registered my vespa last year.. mostly spent sitting around and i didn't even need a new plate. the hold up on my side though is more with the insurance and the dealer. my insurance guy from allianz is back from hols on monday and i like dealing with him directly, and the bike is getting new tyres which won't be sorted out until tuesday. with luck i'll take tuesday off work to sort everything out.

just out of interest.. what online insurance did you go with? allianz have been good to me and will ensure that my no claims discount from my old uk car insurance comes onto the bike insurance here. that makes it much much cheaper.

I have Itzehoer Versicherungen. I pay about 125€/year including Teilkasko with 150€ deductible. So it's pretty inexpensive, but also my bike is 25 years old and only worth about 2500€

is that seasonal? my man quoted around 180 for same cover but probably on faster and newer bikes, all year round. the transalp is 15 years old and worth 2500 & i'll go seasonal on that i guess.

No, I went year round (billed every 6 months) because the price difference was about 20€ vs. Seasonal and now it's at least covered for theft during winter parking. Plus I can just start riding again when the weather gets good in the spring without doing anything.