Movies in English in Regensburg

47 posts in this topic

To elaborate on what Perdido said, the Cinemaxx tends to choose one movie each Monday to run in the original language. Most often, the original language is English, but it *could* be something else if the movie selection dictated that.

At present, you can see the Regensburg Cinemaxx listing by going to the theatre's page at http://www.cinemaxx.de/Home/?SwitchCinemaId=33 then clicking Programm, and in the second column, selecting Originalfassungen (original language) in the genre dropdown selector.

This week, for example, it's Hugo Cabret. Next week, it's Star Wars Ep I, the Phantom Senate Meeting.

(I actually kinda want to see the Star Wars flick in German. My inability to follow all of the spoken parts might actually make Baby Anakin bearable.)

Due to speed quite often the German dialoge(sp?) is abbreviated to meet the frame/scene length. So if you are a fan of the movie and you understand german then you think" Hey the Germans got it wrong" when in reality they didnt get it wrong just that they had to adjust so some things will be missed. Now I understand what you are saying in that you want to watch Star Wars in german. I just recommend to go in with NO expectations.