Movies in English in Regensburg

47 posts in this topic

I called them today, and the woman seemed a bit naive and just went "nooo, we dont do that here". So, does anyone know if they simply stopped it, or if she has no clue? Cause I seem to recall one being sent in OV not 2 weeks ago.

Oh and their webpage is so horrid I can't find anything on there, so if *anyone* has a link to the OV movies running (if any) I'd love you longtime if you'd post it here.

Cheers

On Monday night usually in theater 1 or 2 around 8 P.M. Now there are periodical moments when they do not show them but rarely. I do know that this past 10 days Garbo was showing three OV movies in those 10 days. So that could have been the reason they did not, Oh by the way the garbo english run is over as of Sunday.

Usually the Cinemaxx shows movies in OV on Mondays. But like Bobby mentioned, it seems, that they don't do that every Monday.

I know that they showed the Twilight Saga, Sex and the City and Ironman.. and a few others. Usually I check on their website http://www.cinemaxx.de/Events/Uebersicht and then on Event and Eventkalender. Usually they post it there, but I am not sure how reliable they are.

The Altstadtkinos often show movies in OV, so just check out their website: http://www.altstadtkinos.de/

Have fun :)

Here's hoping for Inception to come to Cinemaxx soon! well at least on a Monday I am there.!!!

Are they going to show the "A Team" in English ?

(Who wants that namby-pamby "Eclipse" stuff, we want Hannibal and his crew !!!)

I beg to differ. The movie was good "feeling good kinda movie". It did what it said on the tin. Not one of those arty-farty French movies, when you come out feeling miserable !

Monday 24/08/10 : Inception with Leornado. 20h30. Not too sure what the movie is about, looks like a lot of tosh to me but I will be going. For sure, it will not be a French arty-farty kind of movie...

Great film. I need to see it again as it's one of those films, first time round, you miss things. How longs's it gonna be running in English, is it only tomorrow? Won't be going though, I'll be in Murphy's for Man City v Liverpool.

So cruised over to my favorite movie theater in Regensburg, The Garbo , and I have to say a damn good thing got better. I see now they are carrying Walker crisp as well as Kneitinger beer. Thank you Jebus. Also while there I noticed they will be showing a flashback movie Monty Python's The Life of Brian in OV . The trailer said starting Tuesday but previewing one of the links it states starting today. I dunno which is correct but I will be attending this for sure.

This Monday night is "The American" with Geroge Clooney, directed by Anton Corbijn.

Trailer makes it out to be an action film but it's supposed to be more of a really interesting character study. Could be worth a watch...