Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rugby - Lions tour of New Zealand

237 posts in this topic

The starting line-up is made up of eight Englishmen, four Welshmen and three Irishmen, but there are no Scots in the squad at all.

Its still baffles me why Shanklin and Henson are not even in the 22 whilst Will Greenwood and Shane Horgan make the test squad. team...Clive take off the blinkers...

1989.jpg

and 5 of the replacements are english as well..

Woodward is a dick

No scots in the squad at all, and this lot wonder why we could not give a toss about the lions?? :rolleyes:

and 5 of the replacements are english as well..

Woodward is a dick

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

time will tell. it wouldn't be the first time that humble pie has to be served.

normally id be nervous at this pic, but this time they're on my side. :)

all_blacks_thumbnail.jpg

allblacks.jpg

they probably all went to his public school in the home counties :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All soft southerners except Jason Robinson (who is really a rugby league player :P )

normally id be nervous at this pic, but this time there on my side.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

turncoat ;)

i am, and its astonishing how much negative karma i seem to be getting from this thread alone -_-

i cant wait till saturday breakfast!

what do you expect? praise and applause. you scots are showing yourselves in a wonderful sporting teamspirited light i must say.

ive just calculated that WM and I are 0.0000364% of the scottish population, dont worry im sure some of us are still behind the lions, though not many. :P

watch out gideon you almost hit me with your:

rattle.jpg

there. keep the toys in the pram eh.

:D

@ Schotte

Horgan is a big fast wing hence his selection.

I think Henson should be in there too.

Using Byrne and not Thompson is a wise decision in view of throwing.

Andrew Sheridan should be there a long way ahead of Rowntree.

Otherwise its not bad in view of current form.

the 2nd one i put in post 65 is my current wallpaper now.

not up to date but if you type in all blacks in yahoo search for pics there are loads of results. :)

just for all you wannabe lions if you're still after a shirt, they've got them going on ebay.co.uk for some loose change.

(maybe 20quid or something on average)

i reckon if you hang on a couple days you could pick one up for free though.

otherwise you can have mine, actually ill buy you a beer if someone wants to take it off me?

plus it will be 25 june on saturday re title.

Many of the ABs played league anyway when younger.Umaga was at the Newcastle Knights when younger but didnt make the grade then for example.i fail to understand why Wales who was best in 6n dont get many players in compared to England who was crap and have so many in!i would hope the Lions try and run with the ball but with so many English in will no doubt kick it!

Wont watch the Union match as find it boring normally but hope those that do watch it Saturday enjoy.

By the way are the RFU and English union clubs stupid?Trying to get now Kris Radlinski from Wigan-despite playing only a handfull of games in the last two years due to injury.He is out injured for 2 months at the mo!Message is play league until around 30-Like farrell and "Rads" and know you only have at best 2 or 3 years in league if stay injury free-which these two havent been and watch union offer you stupid money to play for 4 or 5 years!Why if Union is going to chase league players not go after the U25 year old Stars like Burrows, mcguire, Sinfield, Luke Robinson, Stuart Reardon, Richard Horne, etc(Even tho most have said they dont want to play union)?

just for all you wannabe lions if you're still after a shirt, they've got them going on ebay.co.uk for some loose change.

(maybe 20quid or something on average)

i reckon if you hang on a couple days you could pick one up for free though.

otherwise you can have mine, actually ill buy you a beer if someone wants to take it off me?

plus it will be 25 june on saturday re title.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

just a word of warning, ebay shirts, whatever they are, are usualy cheap copies made in the far east, so if you want a shirt buy schotte's as i guess its a real one, and in true scotish style he's selling his clothes for drink. ;)

I think it is despicable and rather childish of the Scottish contingent of Toytown to be openly supporting the All Blacks. The Irish and the Welsh have more to complain about that the Scots concerning selection. Admittedly Cussiter should be on the bench for the match (he has shown that even a great scrum half needs a decent pack to work off).

The players that were selected for the tour are now all Lions, they stopped being English, Irish, Scottish and Welsh at that point. Every Brit and Irish person should support wholeheartedly all players that pull on that illustrious jersey, whether they agree with SCW's selection or not.

I think it is despicable and rather childish of the Scottish contingent of Toytown

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not all, just some of them.