Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rugby - Lions tour of New Zealand

237 posts in this topic

@ Wee Mun

Nope mate ... Ireland didnt deserve ta win so we didnt , just cant abide folks sayin that Damon Hill was the best racer when we won his WDC or England were de best team at the last RWC - England were a top 5 team with a one trick pony (Wilkinson) up their sleeve and got lucky not to face NZ. NZ were an all out attacking side playing wonderful flowing high risk rugby and IMHO did John Mitchell a tremendous disservice by dumping him at the end - now they look weak in the forwards. When I say England were a one trick pony or NZ look weak I mean of course compared to the very very best - right now I'd probably fancy South Africa to take NZ because of the forward issue - but overall Id have NZ out on top.

EDIT Woodward is totally doing the right thing by selecting the largest pack he has available - his back selection is to be fair rather shit. D'Arcy in particular has piles of potential we haven't seen lately.

EDIT @ Gideon

Totally hear ya on Wilkinson - reckon that he will be targetted immediately - fully expect Umaga to injure him although fairly.

after reading this i know understand how nobody in history could rely on scotish loyalty. even the bonny prince charlie himself had more scots fighting for the english than for him. your all a bunch of wandering clansmen. maybe there aren't scots in the squad because scotland have neglected their rugby for years and only fill murryfield when its against england, so dont sit and complain and turncoat as is your "tradition", but yell at your srfu not for the all-blacks.

;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

violin.jpg

never once has being a turncoat been my "tradition" nor has any scot that i know of. have you any evidence or was this just the "traditionally" bitter and twisted sore losers english streak coming out?

without the scots the british empire would be fuck all so you should be grateful of our loyalty. B)

Wee will see how bad losers they are on saturday since we are shouting on the all blacks eh schotte!!

violin.jpg

without the scots the british empire would be fuck all so you should be grateful of our loyalty.  B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

er, i think you'll find the british empire IS fuck all.

and if you scream for the all blacks your a turncoat. nuff said. no buts no ifs. theres still scots on the team and a thistle in the badge. and the scottish history is full of scotts killing each other and turning alligences. but there again who's isn't! :D

and as to a sour loser, for fucks sake i'm english. we win like once a fucking century, we're used to losing. be it campo, maradona, penalties, the next ashes series. the world cup. but doesn't mean i wont scream for the lions now does it.

:ph34r:

post-908-1119362450.jpg

that win is one a century more than we have.

boxing%20gloves.jpg

for fucks sake i'm english. we win like once a fucking century,

yes 1966 was one time apparently. find it hard not to be imprinted on the brain given how much we hear about it. :o

yep 1966 and bonnie prince charlie, myths apon which many an argument have been made. one had an illegal goal the other was an italian! :D

and one day the true king will return and claim the throne. :P

It is not very often that Scotland has the opportunity to welcome home sporting heroes who have proved themselves to be the very best in the world at their sport.

So the nation can be forgiven for making a bit of a fuss of its heroines, in this case, as the Olympic gold medal-winning curling team of Rhona Martin, Margaret Morton, Fiona MacDonald, Debbie Knox and Janice Rankin returned to Glasgow.

The Scots, who won Great Britain's first Winter Olympics gold for 18 years, were given a rapturous welcome after touching down on Scottish soil for the first time since their fabulous achievement. It is not very often that Scotland has the opportunity to welcome home sporting heroes who have proved themselves to be the very best in the world at their sport.

So the nation can be forgiven for making a bit of a fuss of its heroines, in this case, as the Olympic gold medal-winning curling team of Rhona Martin, Margaret Morton, Fiona MacDonald, Debbie Knox and Janice Rankin returned to Glasgow.

i like the way it was repeated twice just for good measure and to get the point across. ;)

Scotland are undefeated in test cricket. An aussie mate was explainging to me that we have played once (against australia) and won :)

Scotland have never played test cricket - sorry. They don't have test status (and never had it either)

They have played one day international cricket though (badly!!)...

It's possible that Scotland have beaten Australia in First-class cricket.

I will have to tell Peter he was talking shite then

He said this happened in the 1920s, and was a 5 day match, maybe it was never classified as a proper test match??

Oh, back then? Cricket in the 20's was played with much more vigour, relentless attacks at the ball. I'd be shitscared if that same team came up against Aus now...

Note: pisstaking in progress...

Peter is talking shite ;)

Perhaps it was a 5 day match. I'll check it out one day when I can be bothered.

However to be able to play test cricket, a country has to have been given test status. Scotland haven't. They have, incidentally played a number of first class matches - most of which Australia have won

EDIT - just checked out the Aus tours to England in the 20's. Wasn't then...

hey mate we are talking Lions here, this isnt really a rugby thread therefore. B)

saturday lineup

Jason Robinson; Josh Lewsey, Brian O'Driscoll (captain), Jonny Wilkinson, Gareth Thomas; Stephen Jones, Dwayne Peel; Gethin Jenkins, Shane Byrne, Julian White, Paul O'Connell, Ben Kay, Richard Hill, Neil Back, Martin Corry (vice-captain).

Replacements: Steve Thompson, Graham Rowntree, Danny Grewcock, Ryan Jones, Matt Dawson, Will Greenwood, Shane Horgan.

no henson which i find odd as i'd personly have put him on the bench on saturday, but there again, i'm not an internationaly respected and accomlished rugby coach. cant wait for saturday. johnny wilkinson injured in the first 20 minutes.

What utter crap

that idiot woodward has brought all his old friends out to play a nice game of rugby.

8 english, 4 welsh and 3 irish.

I dont want the lions to get ripped apart on saturday, but I wanna see that smile off woodwards face after such a shite selection

Poots