Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rugby - Lions tour of New Zealand

237 posts in this topic

:o

thats a step too far surely...

ahhhh wheres Jeeves when you need to win an easy beer. ;)

when you need to win an easy beer

The feeling is mutual ;)

It should be a fascinating game. It might even be a good game. But if the weather carries on like it is now then I shall not be anywhere near a bar at 9 a.m. on Saturday :ph34r:

Put my money on NZ for the series win a few weeks. My loyalty will be stretched between patriotism and cash greed. :D

Then for those that have not had their fill of thrilling rugby I shall be stepping out for the Munich Vets against Harvard University at 2pm the same day, having studied and collected some last minute tips in the morning.

Although there are certainly more Scots in NZ than in the Lions team (not difficult), if I get up on time I'll cheer on the Lions in my Scotland top (a Kooga one which was very cheaply bought in Essex - can't think why it was that cheap though...).

after reading this i know understand how nobody in history could rely on scotish loyalty. even the bonny prince charlie himself had more scots fighting for the english than for him. your all a bunch of wandering clansmen. maybe there aren't scots in the squad because scotland have neglected their rugby for years and only fill murryfield when its against england, so dont sit and complain and turncoat as is your "tradition", but yell at your srfu not for the all-blacks.

;)

are you coming to watch it then Wee Mun? sure we could find our own table. i'll be wearing black by the way. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am planning on being in The Arc for all the tests.

I will be wearing a grin *ching* *ching*

having studied and collected some last minute tips in the morning.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just watch the ones in Black then JE ;)

Correct. Got the nasty feeling the redshirts are gonna get their butts kicked. They have looked pretty flakey in all the games so far IMHO. Patches of brilliance but enough bad handling, duff tackles and general cock-ups that the Kiwis can and will take advantage of.

Gideon, the thing is, before the bets, woodward etc. I was not all that bothered who won anyway. I just want to see good rugby. I know scottish rugby is a shambles just now, but you cannot tell me that some of the english shite woodward has taken over there are better than welsh, irish or scottish options.

I am not one of these people who will support anyone but england. i support Scotland, simple as that. I just find Woodward's selection policy crap, and the man arrogant. If I had not bet on it, then I would want the lions to win... but I did, so I don't :huh:

Yup JE, a lot of people seem to think the All Blacks will choke, but they don't do that at home. They are looking like a well honed unit right now, and I worry for the lions. I am putting Kiwis by 34 in my prediction league

Gideon, the thing is, before the bets, woodward etc. I was not all that bothered who won anyway. I just want to see good rugby. I know scottish rugby is a shambles just now, but you cannot tell me that some of the english shite woodward has taken over there are better than welsh, irish or scottish options.

I am not one of these people who will support anyone but england. i support Scotland, simple as that. I just find Woodward's selection policy crap, and the man arrogant. If I had not bet on it, then I would want the lions to win... but I did, so I don't  :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

its not a question of english players being shite, its the confidence woodward and his whole coaching team has in them. to be honest i'm amazed as anyone else about certain selections, though more the absence of some good welshmen than as others. but you either support your team or dont. maybe i'm just bored of sweaty jocks and the anything south of berwick chip (-shop deep fried mars bar) on the shoulder. its fun in the six but i'd have thought when it comes to the lions i thought even you would have stood and cheered them all on, even if you have betted against them! and yep i think we're in for a rollocking on saturday and expect a completely different team next week.

i have every confidence in woodward as a pure rugby coach. he is a master as proved in leading england to wc victory with a solid group of players. nothing special just a pure professional unit with a very reliable kicker..some might say freak.

this task is way harder however.

the real task lies in leading a bunch of strangers (most of limited abilities), whether bog trotters, sheep shaggers, sweaties and pommie b@stards who enjoy hurting and hating each other week in week out...and then making them gel into a winning unit just for the sake of the lions jersey.

i for one dont buy into this special lions spirit. its not the same since the advent of the professional game.

the lions will run the all blacks close in this test though.

i think its the supporters who have more of a problem than the players themselves, watch this thread as an example. o‘d was always my captain choice even though he's a "bog trotter" and has said himself things are jelling, and he's a man who knows what hes talking about.

who enjoy hurting and hating each other week in week out...and then making them gel into a winning unit just for the sake of the lions jersey.

Yeah but these are the same issues when they pull on an England shirt for example?

nothing special just a pure professional unit with a very reliable kicker..some might say freak.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please when when will England admit to the truth that Wilkinson was quite simply the best player England have ever had - his tackle rate was frequently the highest of the team on top of his kicking game. They were outclassed in the forwards on several occassions and thanks to his kicking came through. Fair fucks to them - they did it - still rate NZ as by far the best team - but believe it or not think that they can be turned over in the forwards.

indeed they could be turned over in the fwds

but martin johnson retired

he was the man mountain

undoubtedly johnson, hill, robinson and wilkinson keys behind wc success for me.

woodward is not a rugby genius, england's world cup winning side picked itself.

Parnell, you sound a bit unlike the murphy's...bitter

Please when when will England admit to the truth that Wilkinson was quite simply the best player England have ever had - his tackle rate was frequently the highest of the team on top of his kicking game. They were outclassed in the forwards on several occassions and thanks to his kicking came through. Fair fucks to them - they did it - still rate NZ as by far the best team - but believe it or not think that they can be turned over in the forwards.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'm not sure aboutbest ever had but i'll admit to him being an inspiring spirit to english and rugby as a whole. the guy is a perfectionist, witha s you said a massive work rate. the problem now is making sure he doesnt get targeted all the time and injured again. now that would be an interesting bet for saturday. how many minutes before johnny is injured. oh getting excited now.