Toytown website improvements/suggestions

793 posts in this topic

I've noticed some people call me dcqi and not dcgi, I wondered why this might be and noticed that the underline on the posts obscures the tail on 'g'.

Pictured example:

post-77734-12786717194819.png

It might be worth on the next update removing the underline as I think most people would guess that the name is clickable (and what it would go to if they did click)

Example if it was fixed as suggested:

post-77734-12786717844892.png

A minor thing, but just something I noticed.

Thanks,

-- dcqidcgi

I couldn't find an existing thread, if there is one please feel free to merge this into it.

dcgi: I have that, too! I´m John g. but I often get referred to a John q. Doesn´t worry me at all, though...it means I have two monikers for the price of one! :D

...in fact, I have three monikers...just realised I´m john with a small J!!

Now I am become registered user, the destroyer of Internet forums.. what have I done :o

post-77734-12786755163448.jpg

(Constructive criticism only please, although perdido, I agree :lol: )

Spell check would be good.

Also in the reply box have a pop-up window of all known available swear words - if nothing else it would be a good prompt - sometimes I have to stop and think.

Could also have a TT member joining test - it could be similar to the proposed new British Citizen test below:

Proposed changed to the British Citizenship Test:

1. Spot the difference between these two cartoons of Mohammed.

2. Why has your country never voted for us in Eurovision?

3. Have you ever looked at the ingredients on Ready, Steady, Cook and thought 'I could make a bomb out of that'?

4. You've just picked up a newspaper on your way to the Tube. Expecting to be shot?

5. Write down ten well-known British swearwords. On the house of your local paedophile.

6. A TV presenter has been involved in a sex offence. Do you find this (a) horrifying or ( B) a bit of a laugh?

7. Your mother has just died. How long do you spend talking to the doctor about football?

8. If you fail this British Citizenship Test, will you accept a taxi driver's licence?

Confusing duplication of social media buttons in the thread view (although they do different things)

post-77734-12786976022297_thumb.png

Mods will never be 'consistent' as Mods are just human beings and come in different guises. If you're unhappy with a Mod then that's what the report buttons are for.

I've been a long term forum member elsewhere and for the past two years a Mod. We're a team of three but we're all completely different: One is a really nice person, one is half-way and I'm the 'rottweiler'. I don't have a problem with that as we all work at different levels but work as a team as chosen by The Boss.

And I guess it's the same on TT which is why Ed Bob has picked the team he has. It's the combination of strengths and/or weaknesses that works.

And lastly, dear reader as you fall asleep reading this, always remember that there's the hidden "Staff Room" forum where any Mod not quite sure how severe/lenient to deal with a transgression gets advice and input from the rest of the team. Nobody is a wild cannon.

And please, please, always remember that a Mod is doing the job for free; to protect you from the hooded claw and keep the vampires from your door.

Why are the post totals different depending on where one looks?

The moderation team should draw up a list of guidelines if they do not already have it by which they can

strike a post,

Lock a topic, and

delete a topic, (not sure about this though) from the site.

If any offending item is deleted then the moderator that struck/deleted it should be noted on the offending removed post page.

This like all other note worthy suggestions will hit the dust bin... :angry: