Letter that shows marital status

27 posts in this topic

On 8. Dezember 2020 um 10:56:22, Nkwal said:

I am reviving this old thread. My Swiss pension needs proof I am not married. They said just go to an "amt".

Odd request, but hey they are Swiss :). Normally, you need to prove once a year that you're still alive.

On 08/12/2020, 12:23:56, keith2011 said:

I can understand them wanting proof of marriage since that can impact a pension ( a wife can inherit a portion usually) but why would they not accept your word that you are single?

Maybe she´s receiving a widow´s pension which falls away if you get married again.

On 12/15/2020, 4:49:01, Nkwal said:

Update: got the form, thanks so much!!! Went to Munchen Burger office and they filled it out, stamp and all :) Sent it to Switzerland, hope it works.

Thanks to all for suggestions.

Last update. The Swiss pension accepted this form!! Of course now they need like 5 other forms, but that's another story. Thanks again @snowingagain

On 7/13/2010, 1:15:11, lxon said:

you can save yourself a whole lot off hassle if you take a "cheap " flight to Africa, or elsewhere that dosn't have the same requirements, get married then come back and register your marrige here as a done deal.

Agree on this point. My husband and I are both foreigners, but he was living in Germany well before me and we married in a country on the continent of Africa. Germany will recognise a marriage done outside the country. Get a marriage certificate in his homeland, get it stamped from foreign affairs, translate to German if it is in another language and then take to the nearest German consulate to get it legalised. See if you can get 2 originals and legalise both just so you have a back up. It has to be legalised though otherwise it won't be accepted. 

edit: I just replied to a really old post. whoopsie :P. I just benefited so much from Toytown that I'm going through topics that I may have half a clue about myself in hopes to slightly benefit someone. 

1 minute ago, Narjiz said:

Agree on this point. My husband and I are both foreigners, but he was living in Germany well before me and we married in a country on the continent of Africa. Germany will recognise a marriage done outside the country. Get a marriage certificate in his homeland, get it stamped from foreign affairs, translate to German if it is in another language and then take to the nearest German consulate to get it legalised. See if you can get 2 originals and legalise both just so you have a back up. It has to be legalised though otherwise it won't be accepted. 

That advice does NOT work if the country in question is considered by Germany to have unreliable documents. For example, since it is possible to buy officially issued documents in India, Germany usually requires document verification of Indian documents through a Vertrauensanwalt

Just now, engelchen said:

That advice does NOT work if the country in question is considered by Germany to have unreliable documents. For example, since it is possible to buy officially issued documents in India, Germany usually requires document verification of Indian documents through a Vertrauensanwalt

Ah thanks  I didn't know that. Thanks. In the country I got married in it is ridiculously hard to get a fake document stamped by foreign affairs. 

20 hours ago, engelchen said:

I heard a case where the vertrauensanwalt  or his agent asked for bribe for doing his job. I won't be  surprised if that is true.