Three minute brownies

19 posts in this topic

Gave this a go, not bad for 3 minutes. And for the lazies like me, definetely a quick fixer :D

post-44703-12784474605463_thumb.jpg

What, pray, is "cake flour"? Self-raising flour, one assumes...but would be good to have confirmation.

Also - do you own this image? If not, you're probably infringing copyright (unless the image is under a Creative Commons licence or similar).

K

Image was made by a friend who has given me his express permission via SMS to use it. Is that ok with you or should I ask him to apply for a patent? <_<

@vespa: When you want a brownie at 2 a.m. it's not that easy. :P

Oh wait, forgot about pumpkin :D

I think cake flour probably refers to 405, whereas all purpose is more along the lines of 550.

I know that craving :(

Going to try my hand at making ice cream without a machine today... should be interesting!

Man I want brownies now... made some the other week and brought them into the office... chef nicked 6 slices!

Used the normal flour, didn't bother to check for differences.

@vespa: my boss is the only one in the office with an A/C :angry:

Seriously though, I would like to give this a try. I'll wait til I'm next in London and I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the recipe, k0be. I tried it and almost success. I didn't have cocoa so replaced it with Nesquik and didn't have oil so I replace it with margerine and my microwave only goes to 900W but actually 3 min. turned out too long because it was a bit rubbery and hard to chew. However tasted good. I will definitely try it again and watch the time next time.

Seriously though, I would like to give this a try. I'll wait til I'm next in London and I'll let you know how it goes.

no nearer microwave than london? :P tztztz

glad you liked it Leon. it's a quick fix for a hungry kid, a craving woman or just the sugar rush. also works well with unexpected guests :D

given how nesquik has loads of sugar added and margarine is lower fat, there's the cause. 2 minutes should be good with the same ingredients.

Cake flour in a nutshell has a lower protein level and has the least amount of gluten compared to other types of flour...what does this mean in real terms??? Its finer in quality and produces a yummy and smooth velvety texture to your bake goods!! (iain, you are correct, it is type 405 flour and I use it in place of all purpose flour, I love me some velvety texture)

and I love me some brownies, but seriouly...this recipe is repuslive :P Real brownies are very easy to make and no tacky mug is required!

Thanks for sharing...I needed a good laugh

Never bought a microwave because I don't need one... don't know anyone who's got one, actually...