Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Lost and found office for trains and S-Bahns

14 posts in this topic

is there such a thing? i think i left a library book on the s-bahn and really need to get it back so i don't have to pay for it. does anyone know if there is a phone number or location to claim lost items?

any information would be greatly appreciated. :)

Fundbüro München, Oetztaler Str. 17/Rgb., 81373 München

Fax: (0049-(0)89-) 233 459 05

E-mail: fundbuero.kvr@muenchen.de

Public business hours:

Monday-Thursday 8.00 am - 12.00 pm,

Friday 7.00 am - 12.00 pm,

Tuesday also 2.00 pm - 6.30 pm.

Public transportation:

U 6 Harras or Partnachplatz, S 7 Harras, Bus 66 Ortlerstraße (follow the signs)

That's the lost and found office for Munich. It might end up there, but the first place I would check would be the S-bahn lost and found.

Fundstelle im Münchner Hauptbahnhof, Haupthalle

Tel.: 089/13 08 - 66 64

Fax: 089/13 08 - 67 52

Täglich geöffnet von 8.00 bis 20.00 Uhr.

For some reason, they have two different opening times listed, but they are still pretty flexible.

Die Fundstelle München Hauptbahnhof befindet sich in der Schalterhalle.

Mo-Sa: 8.00 bis 20.00 Uhr

So/Feiertage: 10.00 bis 20.00 Uhr

Train lost and found

I read the title and thought, how fecking careless does one have to be to misplace a train.

I once left a pair of suede gloves on the SBahn, and went to HBF the same day. However, I couldn't even find the lost & found place, so I gave up. I called solidly for 2 days too, but either the phone was engaged, or it rang for ages and no one ever picked up.

I think there's a time limit of 7 days to reclaim your belongings.

Good luck.

maybe i'll have to leave up to the good people of munich to hopefully return it to the library ;)

Ive lost the medallion from my necklace - its a gold piece a bit smaler than the size of a 1 or 2 euro coin. It's a religious piece with mary and baby jesus on it. hell ive had it around my neck so long i forget exactly what was on it but thats close enough. the chain from the necklace broke, somewhere between here and starnbergersee, possibly: on the streets of starnberg, somewhere around the lake, on the S6, around the isartor or on the Tram 17. Ive got an icecubes chance in hell of finding it but wish me luck. oh and if anyone else finds it obviously they will have my eternal gratitude and a reward.

Hi all, I'm a bit confused. I left a backpack AT THE S-bahn platform at hauptbanhof in Munich, not ON the s-bahn, u-bahn, or trains. There are several different offices and I am wondering if in this case, I would just go to the hauptbanhof lost and found if there is one. Does anyone know?