Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Deutsch Akademie in Munich

14 posts in this topic

Hello people,

I had a quick search but I couldn't find any references to the Deutsch Akadamie in Munich because I'm thinking of starting on one of their beginners intensive courses - my German's virtually nil! Does anyone have any knowledge about this place? It's very cheap at just 265 per month but is it any good???

Any feedback or tips on learning German elsewhere would be great!

My husband took a german class there when we moved here 2 years ago.

It is very good and the price is not bad either.

Will you stay here longer? Maybe you can take an integration course if you are moving here and get a Aufenthaltsgenehmigung.

My husband had to take 600 hours, to live here. 1 hour costs one euro and if you pass the test, you get have of the money back!

I went there for 7 months and enjoyed the first 6 and hated the last one. It all depends on the teacher and your group. I would recommend the school, although my partner had 2 months there and he didn't like it he prefers Inlingua.

Its all personal preference you won't know till you try one. There are so many.

I agree that it depends on the teacher as to whether or not you would like it. It is also cheaper than the other schools that I checked out. I think the issue I had was that grammar was taught on one course and conversation on another so practising speaking only works by taking another course or by finding other ways.

I went there for 1 course last year, level C1. It was alright, good for the money. The location is crap though, very loud due to construction work outside, and the rooms are small and chairs uncomfortable, which does make it unpleasant after being couped up for 3-4 hours

Just received my first paycheck today...yay!! Which means I can now afford to sign up for German classes. My german is level B1. I have already passed the Goethe Institut's Zertifikat Deutsch. My goal is to reach level C1 and pass Goethe's C1 exam in the next 6-8 months.

I work from 7:30am to 4pm monday to friday. I am interested in signing up for the intensive evening course offered at deutsch akademie. It's 3 hours/day 4 days a week (mon to thurs). They have an evening time slot (18:00 - 21:00 hours)

For those who have attended the intensive course, do you think it's too much as far the work load is concerned. Anyone here who works full time during the day and has managed to do the evening intensive course as well? Do you get a lot of homework? How often are you tested? I am actually looking for a school which gives you lots of homework and tests, because that will motivate me to work more.

I have plenty of opportunity to speak german (at work, german friends), so that's not by biggest concern. What I am looking for is a strong focus on grammar and vocabulary acquisition.

Thanks.

I just finished an A1 course there and really enjoyed it. The price beats anything else I have seen (but also there are fewer hours). My teacher was really cool and he did a great job of balancing, vocab, grammar.The location is pretty central which is nice, but as stated earlier, there is a lot of construction on the entrance of the building. This doesn't matter to much to me because it inconveniences me for a total of 5 seconds when I walk in. Overall, I think is a good school and worth the price, I am signing up there again next month for the A2 course!

Thanks mandylion for your post.

Did you do the intensive course there? (3 hours/day, 4 days/week for EUR 265)

Lots of homework and tests?

I am thinking of signing up for the course starting in July.

Hello people,

I am a german teacher myself (in a language school and companies) and if there´s anyone who´s interested in private lessons please contact me.

I teach also groups, so if two of you´d be interested to built a group I come to your house. If you are two, each would have to pay 12 Euros per 60 Minutes.

I teach all levels and can also prepare you for special exams. Evenings or weekend.

If there´s a bigger group I rent a room close to Ostbahnhof and teach you together with a colleague.

Miriam

hey!

Did my first class day at Deutsch Akadamie last night. It seems pretty good so far, and the teacher did drop hints in English which really helps.

I'd say its worth the price, just make sure you buy a good German to English dictionary ahead of time and possibly a German Idioms book.

I start there this evening! I have heard good things about them as well - just hoping I get one of the good teachers :)

Will report back in a few weeks!

ummm i was signed up for the grammer class tonight but they told me on friday it was cancelled.. Guess i will call to double check. Ok now I'm glad I called, bc I had misunderstood the email. Starts next week (one week late) and will go three weeks monday and wed +2 fridays.

I went for a grammer class last year to Deutsch Akadamieand thought it was the best---considering the price. The class was extremely challenging and so is the text book, but the teacher was good quality. I went to Prisma for intergration course, but found that most people in the class didnt wanna be there and we only there bc they had to. They cheated on tests and slowed the class down bc the teacher always tried to help them understand something they didnt wanna learn. I went to Sprachbörse in town as well, which is good quality but the price is 100€ more than DA for the same amount of hrs and they dont use a text, the teacher just prints copies each week, which can get somewhat annoying.

Have done a month and a half there and have to say extremely satisfied! Would highly recommend. Teachers are great and classes are small (5-10mx) and everyone there is there as they are paying for themselves and want to learn.

I did a Grammatik kurs with Deutsch-Akademie & was highly disappointed! The teacher wasn't good enough and couldn't explain the rules clearly