Freelancer with spouse who is a permanent employee

22 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, krismoose said:

is it permissable to offset expenses from a few low-earning months against the income of one high-earning month?

No, I'm sorry. As I've already written, it's not about creating a monthly average somehow. It's really the monthly review that counts, not the shifting of operating costs back and forth. Also the health insurance companies know these tricks, it really makes more sense to keep the limits than to have to pay the contributions later, because the conditions were not met. And the earnings limit for the free co-insurance (which all other insured persons must bear as a solidarity community) is already quite generous, it could also be zero. 

7 hours ago, krismoose said:

musician, we will be applying to KSK as soon as possible. She can already do that while being on my insurance?

Yes, of course. The KSK is not health insurance - so health insurance coverage must be in place before and during the application process (processing can take several months). And this exists with your wife via the family co-insurance (as long as the requirements are met).

12 hours ago, someonesdaughter said:

Also the health insurance companies know these tricks, it really makes more sense to keep the limits than to have to pay the contributions later, because the conditions were not met.

Sure, I guess I'm not the first to have these ideas and they've seen them all! We'll make sure we're very prudent with the book-keeping then!

12 hours ago, someonesdaughter said:

And the earnings limit for the free co-insurance (which all other insured persons must bear as a solidarity community) is already quite generous, it could also be zero. 

You're right, it genuinely is quite amazing that she has this privilege and the option to actually do some work as well!

Many thanks for your replies again!