Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cathedral City Cheddar

10 posts in this topic

Just got my Famila flyer for this week. Those of you living north of Hanover, should be able to find Cathedral City cheddar this week, sliced. Its €1,99 for 160g. Yeah I know, but a little of what you fancy...

I saw some sliced cheddar for the first time the other day and had to laugh. Real cheddar would crumble away at the mere sight of a slicing machine.

The sliced stuff claiming to be cheddar tasts lake flavored plastic, although I have not tried the Cathedral sliced.

I can confirm the 16 Month Cathedral Cheddar available at Real is real sharp and resists all attempts to slice.

I'm lucky to have recently aquired 2 kilos of Cathedral "Mature but Mellow" direct from England.

The real deal, Great Stuff!!

Unfortunately none of the REWEs up here seem to stock it (yet). As far as the sliced stuff goes, Cathedral City is fine, not like the processed stuff. Fortunately we were in Edinburgh last w/e for 2 days and hey we had to fill up that Ryanair 2 X 10kg allowance somehow. Seriously strong crumbly cheddar :-))

There are plenty of places 'down south' with posts on here about where cheddar is available. The point was 'north of Hanover'.

Famila has often had a Cheddar in a red plastic cover (at least it appears to be from the UK).

Doesn't taste too bad post-10876-12771176781477.gif

In past it has tended to go mouldy very quickly - between the plastic & the cheese.

if you get back to england try marmite cheddar it's very easy to get addicted to even non marmite eaters love it just ask my wife!