Where to buy Rice Krispies cereal in Munich

40 posts in this topic

Where can one buy rice cripies cereal? Have checked some smaller local stores, but only found chocolate crispies. I'm looking for the regular kind. thanks.

Real stores carry it. There are two in Munich - one at Euro Industrie Park and the other in Sendling on the corner of Machtlfingerstr. and Boschetsriederstr.

bottom floor of Karstadt at Hauptbahnhof have them too, i do believe. prolly have marshmallows too, just in case you got a wild hair and wanted to make Rice Krispie Treats™. ;)

Rewe do NOT have them universally. At least I never saw them in any of the ones I have been in.

I'd also put money on it that Karstadt at Hauptbahnhof also dont stock them. I specifically looked in there for it and didnt see it in the cereal section. (there are other goodies in there from Uk/ Us but no Krispies)

The only place I clapped eyes on them, any I've been looking, is Real at Euro Industry Park.

(well... the Kellogs 8 mini packs available at most grocery stores have one portion of rice krispies but that doesnt count!!!)

Galeria Kaufhof also stock it, at least the one at Rotkreuzplatz does.

It does, because I buy them there.

I loooooooooooooooooooove rice krispie chocolate nests.

Just wondering if anyone has seen Rice Krispies in any shops recently? Ideally in Schwabing. I don't seem to be able to find them anywhere.

I don't know where to find Rice Krispies, but I have seen the same product with a different brand name in most food stores.

Uncle Nick do you know which stores? Or what the alternative looks like (boxed or in a bag). I've tried a few near me (REWE, Karstadt, Alnatura, Aldi...) and not seen them, or noticed a non brand equivalent. Maybe I'm not looking for the right thing. Thanks :)

The only place I have seen Rice Krispies is at our local Real. If you have one near you perhaps check there. I believe I have also seen something similar at some discounter or other. If there's nothing at Aldi, try Lidl, Penny and Netto.

@ Floral One: Sorry, I can't remember shop or brand, but you need to look for "Puffreis"* (puffed rice.)

*Cue German brothel jokes.

Looks like Kelloggs may be withdrawing them, as nowhere in Cologne stocks them now either. Another thing for the car boot to bring back from England....

Withdrawing them?!! Why?! They're one of the few cereals that I can buy for my daughter that isn't totally full of sugar.

I have to admit that they are impossible to find in the usual places (Real Kauf, Inkoop (north Germany), Edeka). As we now live on the border to Luxembourg we got Rice Krispies and Albran in a supermarket in Luxembourg. (They cost over €4,00!) At least we can still buy Weet-a-bix in Germany.

At my local Netto you can get a full range of Kelloggs' products (even Choco Krispies):

post-3587-14109602345646.jpg

post-3587-14109602349677.jpg