Yearly female physical

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

So I am due for my yearly check up and my question is can I go to go to one primary doctor to get a check up PLUS pap smear or do I have to make a separate appointment at the gyno for that? In the US my primary doc did all that... so yeah help me out ladys!

thanks

Whether a GP carries out these examinations or not, I would still go to the gynaecologist. They are set up just for that very thing.

What would usually be checked for in the US?

Here it is usual to go to a Frauenarzt one a year, a dentist once a year, and to the Hausarzt for any other checks that your health insurance requires you to make.

In the US I went to a gyno or womens health center, my gp never did the exams.

Here I have never had a hasuarzt who did. I was given a uberweisen to a frauenarzt.

But it is not too bad once you find one you are comfortable with, but do note many women are surprised the first time here at the gyno. No gowns, no sheets.

Best of luck

Yes, indeed - wear a longish blouse or t-shirt. My ob/gyn examines the top half first (shirt off, pants on) and then the bottom half (shirt back on, pants off). I'm pretty sure GPs don't do gynecological exams here but it's no problem to get a referal and when you make the appt tell them you want the Krebsvorsorge, that includes a breast exam and a pap smear. My doc charges extra for ultrasound and other exams.

Jim, your bj problem shall not resolve itself here mein Freund :P

ok great so i will make two separate appointments also can anyone give me any suggestions for a gyno? I live in Wedding so anywhere closer to me would be great!

My Dr is Dr. Abhari - and luckily, two of the doctors in this office do speak English. They're really good, and try to make you feel comfortable. Plus, since they're used to alot of cultural differences she discussed with me what to expect before the exam. Even though I knew - it was still good because she recognized that different places handle the nudity issue differently.

http://www.abhari-beckmann.de/NewFiles/framesite.html

They're over by Checkpoint Charlie - which could be a bit far from wedding - but possibly worth it. Good Luck!