Toddler groups in Braunschweig

16 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a 9 month old daughter and was wondering if anyone knew of any krabblegruppe (crawling groups) for babies in braunschweig. My daughter is an only child and she really needs to be able to hang around with and play with other children. A kita isnt really ideal, since i dont work and dont really need any one to care for her. Just a playgroup kind of thing. I would really appreciate any info on this.

Many thanks

Maryam

I do not know any Krabbelgruppen, yet. I was wondering about the same thing the other day. But, my small daughter is 9 Months old too. Maybe you would be interested in setting up a 'play date.' I am usually flexible. Depending on where you are located in Braunschweig, maybe we can find a park or someplace the babes could meet.

If you are not interested that is fine, don't lose hope - I am sure we will find a Krabbelgruppe soon. :)

Take care.

oh Oh Oh that sounds sooooo wonderful! We would LOVE to meet up for a play date. I am on wendenmasch strasse, near hamburger str. There is a nice park near here with a kids play area and everything. We could meet there depending on where you live. Let me know and we can set up something soon.

Take care! And halah and i look foward to meeting you and your little angel.

Alright - this looks good. I am located very close to the Prinz-Albrecht Park, too. Is this the park?

If not, just let me know which park and I will google map it. Then, we can set up a date. It seems to be within walking distance - I like to walk, good workout. Lol.

Stay in touch,

Andrea

Does anyone know what happened to the English playgroup (referenced in the previous post)? I have emailed (englishplaygroup-bs@online.de) several times over the last few months but have not received a response. Perhaps they are no longer meeting? I have also tried another email from an older BS/English playgroup post (playgroup.braunschweig@gmx.de) but also no response to-date.

Anyone out there in Braunschweig with babies and/or toddlers that would like to start an English-speaking (native speakers ideally) play group with me? I am happy to catalyze/organize/host if there are a few people out there interested. I have a 6-month old so not very mobile yet, but would enjoy meeting other English-speaking mothers with babies in Braunschweig.

Did anyone find a play group? My little one is just 6 weeks but it would be great to meet up in the new yr with other mums and kids whatever age.

Hi Jodi:

Sorry for the late response. We actually have gotten a pretty good group going meeting every other Thursday at someone's home in the BS area. We communicate via a private Facebook page. Feel free to connect with me via email -- amber.h.scholz (at) gmail.com -- and I can pass on more details.

All best,

Amber

Hello Amber,

I just moved to Braunschweig with my German husband and two children (ages 3 and 7) -- would you mind if I emailed you, too?

Best,

Alice

Hi everyone. We just moved from Cardiff to Braunschweig and were wondering if there are any English speaking playgroups in Braunschweig at the moment. Our son is 4 and we've got another one on the way. It would be really nice to meet up with other English speakers and maybe have playdates if there are no playgroups because we want our kids to be able to speak English to other children as well, not just at home. 

It would be great to hear if anyone is interested. 

On 2/9/2018, 3:34:11, JanaB said:

Hi everyone. We just moved from Cardiff to Braunschweig and were wondering if there are any English speaking playgroups in Braunschweig at the moment. Our son is 4 and we've got another one on the way. It would be really nice to meet up with other English speakers and maybe have playdates if there are no playgroups because we want our kids to be able to speak English to other children as well, not just at home. 

It would be great to hear if anyone is interested. 

Hi all

We have a 2.5 year old, interested to hear about any other English speaking playgroups (although we would also like our daughter to start learning some German at the same time)

I am moving to Braunschweig to work at the Technical University in September from Toronto with my wife and baby (3months), and they especially will be looking for English speaking mothers and families to hang out with. @SteveBraunschweig and @JanaB we'd love to meet up if you are still there when we arrive. Please let us know

15 hours ago, envirodave said:

I am moving to Braunschweig to work at the Technical University in September from Toronto with my wife and baby (3months), and they especially will be looking for English speaking mothers and families to hang out with. @SteveBraunschweig and @JanaB we'd love to meet up if you are still there when we arrive. Please let us know

Hi @envirodave

Sounds good, I'm planning on still being in Braunschweig.

Good luck with the move! I'm still fairly new here, but if you've got any questions about the city or moving to Germany in general in the meantime please let me know.

My wife has a small network of English speaking Mammas who meet for coffee and days out with the little ones so will get an invite for that too when you're here.

On 18 March 2018 at 18:51:07, envirodave said:

Hi @envirodave! Yes we will certainly stay in Braunschweig and would love to meet up. Our 2nd boy is due to be born end of April so will have children similar ages which would be nice. I studied at TU Braunschweig so if you have any questions about the uni or anything around town just let me know! Best of luck with the move!