Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

English-speaking sexual therapist in Berlin

25 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of English speaking sexual therapist in Berlin? someone who has good command of English and preferably a female.

If you do not wish to post here, please send me a message. thanks.

Just a bit of friendly advice; you might get more responses if you write more than 2 lines when requesting help/advice on this forum. ;)

*this is meant as genuinely friendly advice to someone who only joined less than four hours ago, it is not mean to be patronising or snarky in any way.*

Chocky

I think hopefulprincess is seeking an English speaking sexual therapist.

In Berlin.

Preferably female.

What's up with people here?

Yesterday saw someone pleading agony over the wording of the title of one of my posts (which got edited twice).

Rather than picking at each other... why don't people just chat?

phoenix2

if it was this one, http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=177356&st=0&p=2033734&fromsearch=1&#entry2033734 then you truly have arrived, and have been dark knighted...

hopefulprincess, a quick google threw this up, hope it helps

http://www.google.de/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=English-speaking+sexual+therapist+in+Berlin&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&ei=9HIFTMSnDN-TOKnG-YUF

haha... as it happens I was looking for that thread.

Maybe I couldn't find it because some dilbert had edited the title...

I'm an english speaking individual and couples counsellor in Berlin and also provide sexual therapy. I thought to let people know about the ACT Berlin website. It's only recently been set-up and is a pretty accessible way of finding an english-speaking psychologist or counsellor here as it lists professionals with a description about what they offer. Those listed also indicate whether or not clients would be eligible for a rebate through the Krankenkasse. In terms of personal recommendations for sexual therapists, I can happily recommend David Barnes (Schoenberg, www.lebensfragen.net) Otherwise there is an extensive list of english-speaking counsellors, psychologists, psychiatrists, life coaches etc available at http://berlin.angloinfo.com/af/477/berlin-counselling-and-therapists.html with sexual therapists amongst the list. Hope that helps.

I'm a sex therapist and polyamory counsellor - my office is in Prenzlauer Berg: anamorin.de

My goal is to teach effective skills needed to understand your relationship with sex and help you feel empowered to create a more satisfying sex life.

Individuals and couples of all ages, gender and sexual orientations are welcome! I also occasionally do workshops on topics such as jealousy management.

Background: I have a degree in medicine and advanced training in sex therapy from the Institut für Beziehungsdynamik, Berlin.

(Although this is my first post, I've been lurking on TT for over a decade and just wanted to send my respect to the local towers of wisdom: engelchen, Panda Munich, Starshollow and John G.!)

29 minutes ago, AnaMorin said:

I'm a sex therapist and polyamory counsellor - my office is in Prenzlauer Berg: anamorin.de

My goal is to teach effective skills needed to understand your relationship with sex and help you feel empowered to create a more satisfying sex life.

Individuals and couples of all ages, gender and sexual orientations are welcome! I also occasionally do workshops on topics such as jealousy management.

Background: I have a degree in medicine and advanced training in sex therapy from the Institut für Beziehungsdynamik, Berlin.

(Although this is my first post, I've been lurking on TT for over a decade and just wanted to send my respect to the local towers of wisdom: engelchen, Panda Munich, Starshollow and John G.!)

Please be EXTREMELY CAREFUL before you do this - one quick look at their website really confirms what I already thought. None of those "experts" is a proper therapist - do not be fooled by "Diplom Psychologe" for that simply means someone has studied ordinary psychology but isn't a licensed therapist. Being a Heilpraktiker is a total giveway. The fact that they use non-scientific methods such as NLP and some shite called energetische Koerpertherapie, both based on esoteric crap and that every last one of those "therapists" has a pseudo indian name despite being clearly european is just alarming.

This institue is a sham - it smells more like a "how to tell your partner not to be jealous while you have a shag with everyone in sight". I do wonder if they are associated with the infamous Bhagwan....

10 minutes ago, camlough said:

Please be EXTREMELY CAREFUL before you do this - one quick look at their website really confirms what I already thought. None of those "experts" is a proper therapist - do not be fooled by "Diplom Psychologe" for that simply means someone has studied ordinary psychology but isn't a licensed therapist. Being a Heilpraktiker is a total giveway. The fact that they use non-scientific methods such as NLP and some shite called energetische Koerpertherapie, both based on esoteric crap and that every last one of those "therapists" has a pseudo indian name despite being clearly european is just alarming.

This institue is a sham - it smells more like a "how to tell your partner not to be jealous while you have a shag with everyone in sight". I do wonder if they are associated with the infamous Bhagwan...

Are you jealous?

Or just pissed off that you aint getting any ?

1 hour ago, AnaMorin said:

I have a degree in medicine

No, you don't have a degree in medicine. If you would have one, you'd certainly have written that on your webpage.

What does this even mean?

Please note that although I have a degree in medicine, I practice under the German Heilpraktiker für Psychotherapie legal framework.

Are you a physician (degree, university...), or a Heilpraktiker (i.e. quack).

I have a 7-year university degree in medicine (Banja Luka, BiH) and am a licensed physician in both Bosnia and Croatia; however as clearly stated, I am licensed and practicing here as a "Heilpraktikerin Psychologie" which is a legal framework (and formality) which allows me to practice psychotherapy in Germany.

The sexual therapy program I studied in Berlin had nothing to do with NLP or any other esoteric topics - simply the psychodynamics of relationships and sexuality. FWIW I've spent a decade reviewing clinical research studies on sexuality and psychotherapy.

Much of my work relies on the teachings of Dr. David Schnarch and Ester Perel

There's nothing wrong with this work, or trying open relationships for those who want them. Although the fact one needs to work through jealousy is very telling... Different strokes for different folks, though.

It might be good to clarify the medical degree with an open CV on your info page. What, where, when... Since it has little do with your current work, the vague mention does come off slightly suspicious (although Germans looooove dropping creds, I get it).

8 minutes ago, alderhill said:

the vague mention does come off slightly suspicious

Exactly. Anamorin, what's the anabin status of that degree?

@alderhill thanks for the positive feedback. It's greatly appreciated. I added my university info on my bio page.

The use of doctor titles is strictly forbidden in Germany without official recognition. LaGeSo Berlin accepted my application to recognize my foreign qualifications (gemäß § 3 Abs. 2 Satz 3 der BÄO) but in the end I chose to follow my lifelong passion of practicing psychotherapy.