- Dance and improvised Music -

BODY JOURNEY

Mehringdamm 55 (Sarotti-Höfe), 1. Hof, 3. OG

10961 Berlin-Kreuzberg

U-Bhf. Mehringdamm (U6, U7)

www.exploratorium-berlin.de

Dance/Performance: Minako Seki, Adrian Shephard, Martina Cesari

Music: Enzo Elia, tba

„Frequenzen“, a newly initiated improvisation series in exploratorium berlin, want to open an experimental and inspiring space for a dialog between dance, performance, improvised music and the audience. The improvisation series explore limits and intersections of sound and movement at single performance-evenings with changing casts and topics. The series is looking for new encounters between art forms, artists and audience.

Body-pulse and sound-vibration. Pulse moves, between memory

and the perception of the moment.

Corpus in E-Motion. Post-oscillating time.

The risk of the unknown.

Fine tuning of body and sound, dissonance-consonance,

the disharmonious harmony, chaotic silence.

The audience, the frequency of the gaze.

In the second part of "Frequenzen" three dancers encounter three musicians and take the audience on a journey through their sounds, their bodies and the space to an unknown coast.

After the performance the audience is invited to speak with the performers of the evening.

Curators: Anna Barth, Annalisa Maggiani, Ana Carbia,

Manuela Giovagnetti, Yuko Kaseki, Sonja Heller

Following dates:

With little shiftings every first Thursday of the month;

1st of July; 2nd of September; 30th of September;

4th of November; 2nd December 2010

time: 8 pm

MINAKO SEKI: Dancer, Choreographer and Teacher, Co-Director of Berlin Post School for Physical Theatre -- Dance. She belongs to the third generation of Butoh-Dancer (Dance Love Machine), in 1987 she became Co-founder and Director of "tatoeba -teatre danse grotesque", the first Butoh-Ensemble in Germany, and works since 1996 under her own name. She named her dance-style "Dancing Between". She is teaching all over the world and is showing her productions in Europe, USA, South America, Japan.

www.minakoseki.com

ADRIAN SHEPHARD: My primary interest is exploration of the mind and body phenomenon through butoh dance.This has developed through work with Masaki Iwana, a former student of its founder Tatsumi Hijikata, and my daily practice of Vipassana meditation. Dance for me is to approach the first and last moment of life at the same time. We are always one breath , one heartbeat away from the mystery of the absolute unknown. I’m a misconstructionist artist and my means of expression and research use the body, digital art, film, sound, drawing, poetry, photography and tarot.

www.adrianshephard.com

MARTINA CESARI studied contemporary dance with Gabriella Malaguti, Isadora Centro Danza, since 2002 in Bologna. At the same time she took her graduation at Bologna University, department of Visual Arts (2009). She studied release technique, contact improvisation and floor work also with Nicola Laudati, Simona Bertozzi, (Bologna) and deepened her technique in seminars with Inaki Azpillaga, German Jaregui, (Ultima Vez Wim Vandekeybus, Brussel), Frei Faust. She took part in several piece as a dancer and choreographed for italian free festival (GMD-Bologna, Notti Bianche-Penne (Ps)). In 2008 she started a close collaboration with Enzo Elia. In Berlin she has showed her new project, She’s been living, as first studio at 100° Berlin.

www.myspace.com/emmecimeme

ENZO ELIA (Dj & Music Producer): At aged 13 he discovered the world of the music. He started very soon to play as a DJ in several important clubs in Italy. He grew up with the sound of House Music and Techno Detroit. He studied music at the department of Music at Bologna University. In these years he also became a producer and started a close collaboration with several labels, first at all with Hell Yeah (Italy). In this context he met Martina Cesari and they began to explore the possible contamination between contemporary dance and electronic music. In 2009 they moved in Berlin where they are keeping on their research.

www.djenzoelia.myspace.com

tba

pic:adrian shephard by doro

My primary interest is exploration of the mind and body phenomenon through butoh dance.This has developed through work with Masaki Iwana, a former student of its founder Tatsumi Hijikata, and my daily practice of Vipassana meditation. Dance for me is to approach the first and last moment of life at the same time. We are always one breath , one heartbeat away from the mystery of the absolute unknown. I’m a misconstructionist artist and my means of exp​ression and research use the body, digital art, film, sound, drawing, poetry, photography and tarot.

You couldn't make this up could you?