Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

"easy"Jet

43 posts in this topic

Heathrow Express is much quicker and more convenient than the Stansted train by the way.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not if you land at Stansted it isn't ;)

Must say that since I have moved out here landing at Heathrow is a major head-fuck. The place is bloody rammed all the time, full of scumbags and the sounds of that many english voices all at once freaks me out...like someone just replaced the battery in my hearing aid and cranked up the volume.

Conversely Terminal 2 at Munich feels like you are on holiday already. Shit - I am turning into Victor Meldrew quicker than I expected.

Quick side story:

First time I flew to Salzburg in March 2003 was Ryanair from Stansted. 6am and Stansted was a murderous hellhole full of chavs...when I landed at Salzburg as I walked up to the hire car booth the guy says "Ah - Mr.Kelly we have your car ready"...I was their only customer booked for that morning and he saw the plane landing!!! Bloody fantastic.

and the sounds of that many english voices all at once freaks me out...like someone just replaced the battery in my hearing aid and cranked up the volume.

:lol:

(oy! my mate's a Trolley Dolly for Easyjet!)

I've used em a few times to fly to Stansted not for when I want to go to London though, then I fly with BA or LH.

never had any problems with EJ I have to say.

it's a shame more budget airlines don't operate from Munich due to the high landing fees the airport demands I believe. then we'd have more choice. usually I have to fly to Manchester and LH charge a bomb thieving b******s...they're the only ones who fly direct to Manchester from Munich.

I started flying with Hapaq LLoyd Express from Stuttgart (only 2 hours away) it's double cheap. think you can also fly from Friedrichtshafen (1-1 and a half hours away) to Stansted with Ryanair too it's supposed to be cheap.

You are right Moonboot, that's why BMI Baby stopped the Cardiff route which was fab for me, cos of increased Munich landing charges. :(

About 100 years of social development separates Newcastle from the Western World.

@latecomer

Stansted is much more convenient for me, too. My brother-in-law lives off the DLR, so it's easier to get to from Kings Cross.

southern twats

Right now you're a good bit further South than me...

@monkers

aye i always get the tube into CENTRAL london instead of heathrow express to paddington as that is usually two tubes from anywhere i want to go.

liverpool street is better for sausage and mash shops too.

But isn't Liverpool Street full of "leave it ahhhhht guv'nor", built like a brick shit house, mean looking chavs looking for a walk on part in Eastenders?

<Switches next flight to Stansted>

;)

@ Monk's Town where do you fly to normally?

the golden heart is a solid gold boozer sir. makes the queen vic in eastenders look like some dimly lit gin palace full of toffs.

the landlady was voted 76th most influential person in british art a couple of years back. we had to leave one night after they turned the football off to watch the turner award on channel 4. art hooligans, bah.

Moonboot, I usually fly to Heathrow. I'm prpeared to fly to Gatwick if I'm visitn dodgy Del-Boy and Rodney mates "south of the river"

@ Latecomer, I've heard about her. Mmmm I might do a geezer night out in the East End in July, leaving the worst half at Harvey Nick's or something! ;)