Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

"easy"Jet

43 posts in this topic

Easyjet. The very name of the company should be illegal under some law about misleading names. Easy my arse. What a load of utter shite. There is absolutely NOTHING easy about bloody easyjet. Now its pretty obvious that you get what you pay for, and they're cheap as shite, but the "service" they offer is a bloody joke. In fact, when you add in the money you spend getting from their "London" airport to London itself, it adds up a bit. Even worse for those people conned into thinkning they may have been flying to "milan"...

Anyway, they're shite, and I could go on for ages about them, but when you have pissed about for 2 hours getting to their stupid airports, queued up with hordes of screaming kids and unwashed students for another 2 hours, then spent ages going through passport control with a bunch of flip flop wearing pasty white scum lewdly showing off their cellulite with figure hugging garments from the Littlewoods catalogue, they add insult to bloody injury with this advert.

post-46-1118228579_thumb.jpg

Airport not an airfield!!! What, like Cork maybe? Having a bloody laugh aren't they! They ALWAYS make you wander about on the runway in the pissing rain and board the plane on some slippery metal ladder, even when they actually have a proper gate available.

then spent ages going through passport control with a bunch of flip flop wearing pasty white scum lewdly showing off their cellulite with figure hugging garments from the Littlewoods catalogue,
Sorry to hear about your trip don, time to fry some piglets.

Your rant reminded me of:

I mean what's the point of being treated like sheep. What's the point of going abroad if you're just another tourist carted around in buses surrounded by sweaty mindless oafs from Kettering and Coventry in their cloth caps and their cardigans and their transistor radios and their Sunday Mirrors, complaining about the tea - "Oh they don't make it properly here, do they, not like at home" - and stopping at Majorcan bodegas selling fish and chips and Watney's Red Barrel and calamares and two veg and sitting in their cotton frocks squirting Timothy White's suncream all over their puffy raw swollen purulent flesh 'cos they "overdid it on the first day."

i've only flown them once and it was fine. STN->MUC no bothers for about 20 quid. then another time i was late and they wouldn't let me check in. which is fine, they have to draw the line somewhere.

fans of their customer service approach should watch "Airline" on sat tv, it's the poor man's response to the BBC's "Airport" show about heathrow. all about eJ and brittania at liverpool, luton and manchester. don't switch on late though as you will not be allowed to watch.

I've done the MUC<->STN trip several times without a problem. Ok, so the Standsted express costs about as much as your ticket, but it's still cheap-cheap even with that included.

My rants about easyjet are almost endless, i may even copy and paste my letter of complaint when ive actually finished it.

My biggest complaint of them is they never tell passengers wtf is actually going on. Last time it was a full 30mins after we were meant to have taken off before someone actually showed up at the desk to say what was happening. (fucking annoying if the flight duration is only 50mins and someone is waiting for you the other end...) Prior to this they were hiding somewhere out of site. They just dont seem to care.

Had I only had this experience once i would put it down to bad luck. But EVERYTIME i have flown with them there have been issues, and thats quite a few times now. And there really is nothing to do at MUC for a 6hr delay with a raging hangover apart from curling up in the corner and expiring somewhere.

Even when i went to complain at the desk that i was missing my connection afterwards the replies have always been snotty. It seems it is even too difficult for them to apologise even when i have been delayed by them a full 24hrs.

I only use them cos of their price, and i wouldnt use them if i was in a rush to get somewhere or had something crucially important as i wouldnt expect them to get there on time.

Stansted's fine if you're heading for London itself, the eastern bogs or changing onto another flight but for me it doubles the jourey time home.

@bubblegum - you'll be fine, you are one of the very few people I know that will actually fit comfortably into their seats.

BTW, flying from Munich, you can see how much your delay will be by checking if the incoming stanstead flight has actually even left "london" yet.

I think the advert refers to the fact that, compared to Ryanair, the Easyjet airports are almost mainstream

Pricewise, its just as cheap to use BA as it SLeasyJet these days.

@IPJ

the stansted express is a bit cheeky, but if you get into heathrow you have to take the equally expensive heathrow express, so it evens out really. and from liverpool street in about 10 minutes you can be in the golden heart pub by spittalfields market pinting it up old school style

I have quite a few visitors to-and-fro each year, plus myself and family so end up booking or recommending lots of Munich-London (and vice versa) flights.

Given up even looking at Easyjet. Prices, choice of flights and take off time is always crap. BA and Lufthansa get 100% of my business.

Occasionally you might find and Easyjet flight that is £20 cheaper but depending on where you want to get to in London (Surrey usually) you have to factor in the extra cost and aggro of Stansted.

Plus of course Stelios is a sweaty bubble...

To add, I heard a story last year when some passengers in Sapin tried to demand their EU passengers rights due to delay: Easyjet refused them. They tried to sieze the passports of several passengers who complained to stop them flying. They called the police in Spain and tried to have the "ringleaders" of the protests arrested for "endangering air safety" when all they wanted was some water and information!

@3 lions

this is true. or with the LH specials if you get booked up quickly enough. last couple of england trips i've flown BA/LH as it was cheaper than so-called budget airlines. always worth checking first.

There's a new (maybe cheaper) stopping service out of Paddington starting soon but you can do it in 45 minutes to central London on the tube for 3 quid odd.

A mate of mine works at Thiefrow so I can sometimes blag free tix for the Heathrow Express.

Bubblegum's feet would not even touch the floor! Hee hee!

Heathrow Express is much quicker and more convenient than the Stansted train by the way.

the price of ticket does all depend on the day you fly. Fly at the weekend and you are pretty screwed no matter what you want. Fly during the week (apart from monday and friday) at any time other than early morning and late evening and you get phenominal deals