Black Woman Needs a Hair Stylist

24 posts in this topic

This is a shout out to the women of color (Everyone else please hold onto your complaints.)

Nana Kay's shop is empty and his phone is not connected, so now I am searching for a new stylist in Hamburg.

Please send me your recommendations.

Thanks for your help.

Monica

Nana lives near me, but I haven't seen him in the past few weeks. If I run into him I'll tell him people are wanting their hair done.

Wish I had a suggestion for you. I was going to Nana Kay as well and was actually needing to make an appointment. Let me know if you find somebody good...Im tired of braids and weaves. Good luck.

I did not get a reply from anyone, so I did a cold search on Google. I found a website for the Hair Police in central Hamburg. I made an appointment for June 11. I need her now (The roots are screaming for attention.) but that is the earliest appointment that I can get. That is good news for me. I liked Nana Kay but he did not take appointments. I was a good customer, so he would push me through without a wait. It would be nice not feeling bad about making other people wait.

The only downside is the Hair Police has prices that I am used to America. It will cost me 65 euros to get a touch-up, instead of the 30 euros that Nana charged. I always told him to raise his prices but he worried that his clients would not pay. I hope that his store did not go under because of money woes. I hope he had some wonderful, new opportunity.

The Hair Police owner is from Ghana, so she speaks English. She was nice and professional on the telephone. The salon is near the main train station and the website is HairPolice.de.

I have not gone and do not know anything about her. But I did not notice any complaints online.

Monica

Before you do anything try Gladys in Fruchtallee, Eimsbüttel. I go there all the time and she's brilliant!!

http://www.heads-united.de/

The hair police was reviewed positively in one of the threads I linked to above. In my reply to your post.

i went to a fantastic lady at the hair police in st georg , close to the main station

check out their details on www.hairpolice.de

Hi Ladies. I saw Nana Kay yesterday morning. He stopped by my fruit shake bar (Im on Wandsbeker Chaussee too) and I told him folks was looking for him. He is still open if you still need to reach him try calling again. He mentioned he may have been closed one day but assured me he is still in business. I too am having a hair crisis...about to cut it to the scalp. Good luck ladies. :)

I am so confused. I went to this shop when it was supposed to be open and it was closed and there was no sign. Right before I posted this notice, I called his number and got a message saying that the number was not in use. Hmmmm. I NEED a relaxer touchup. I guess I will walk to the shop again.

Thanks for the information.

Monica

If i am not mistaken theres a hairdresser on the corner of Simon-von-Utrecht strasse / Hein hoyer in st pauli!

I was driving through Hamburg this morning and, stopped at traffic lights, I noticed there is an 'Africa' shop, also advertising African hair-styling. It could be just someone doing braiding etc but you never know. The address is Grindelallee 117b in Hamburg, close to the Sonnenstudio and Monkey Donuts place.

Who is Nana Kay? I just moved here and my hair desperately needs to be done because it looks absolutely wack.

Welcome Ms. Puff! Nana Kay has a salon in Wandsbek. He has been doing my hair since I moved to Hamburg 2 years ago. Here is the link to his site with location and phone numbers. Good luck!

http://nanahair.yolasite.com/directions.php

Has the mystery of the missing Nana Kay been solved? This certainly has the makings of an excellent crime novel.

To all the black women out there in germany, if u need your hair done or if u need to purchase real human hair, go to nanakay.com or nanakay.de or call his shop at 0049 40 1817 2779 or mobile 0049 176 830 27478. He is open from 10am to 8pm monday thru saturday

I visit nana kay hair salon and he cuts my hair, as a matter of fact i just visited his website and store located at wandsbeker chaussee 182 just last week and he has a newly revamped website.. u can check it out at www.nanakay.com or www.nanakay.de

After some communication problems were solved, I am back to being a happy Nana Kay customer.

Monica

On 3/2/2016 13:11:26, mjm792 said:

After some communication problems were solved, I am back to being a happy Nana Kay customer.

Monica

Hi Monica, where did u find him in the end ? I'll move in Hamburg real soon, and the hair topic is a big source of worrying... Thank you for your help :)