What made you laugh today?

20,076 posts in this topic

Is he housebroken?

We have enough cat litter here to take care of that - and a cat that will take care of him!

Favourite German joke:

"There are two phrases I do not want to hear in my class!", growled the teacher. "The phrases are voll krass, and affen geil".

Little Friedbert at the back of the class put his hand up:'please, which phrases do you not want to hear?'

I just cannot think of suitable English phrases, any suggestions?

@Fietsrad, I think the original English version was, 'One is swell, the other is lousy.' This dates from the turn of the 20th Century.

karens.jpg.02a321760c07a26e6a526f2f86de2

Apologies to any actual Karens/Karyns we might have on this forum. I'm sure it's just your name, not your nature.

We know a Karin (I've known her for even longer than I know my wife - K. is married to a very good friend).

But this particular Karin really does fit the stereotype.

I subscribed to the free mail from Bund der Steuerzahler, Taxpayer's Union, it is quite entertaining, reports how a stone weighing 465 tonnes was moved to make it more interesting for tourists. I did see that the Bund invites donations, I think I pay enough taxes already.

I ordered the Black Book too, full of stories of how money has been wasted. Or not wasted, many of the reports are open to interpretation.

Everything old is new again.

May be a cartoon of text that says 'DANGER. FRIENDS.TONOT NOBODY'S PAYING MUCH ATTENTION LISTENTOM TONOTASK TOME ICOULD JUST HAVE ADVICE SAS DANGEROUS MOMENT SURE DANGER ASKEEPING ME THAT THING, QUIET WOULD BE INOTHER ORDS APANGEROUS THING ILENCE GOT RIGHT BEAR WITHM NOW, THERESA FEW THINGS YOU DON'T UNDER- LISTE HEARD! EXCUSE ME, MADAM, APPRECIATE YOUR BEAUTIFUL CHILD BEIN' AAUDIENCE BUT INTEREUPY YOUR ENTHUSIASM CAN JUST CHILD 0-13 I'SE WHEELIN BRAND HEYHEY HEY HEY HERE...ONE SIDE!'

If only more people would tend to their grits and not to the eternal maunderings of #45.
This is Wiley Cat, avatar of Senator Joe McCarthy (R-WI), after McCarthy's censure by the US Senate in 1955. The strip is Pogo, drawn and written by Walt Kelly.