What made you laugh today?

20,345 posts in this topic

Following the footie right now between Granada and Man United. There has been a streaker on the pitch but at least he was wearing a mask😂

There’s a lovely Albanian family in our village we get on well with. They are poor but have ( like everyone here except us ) a small orchard somewhere local.

They bring us tomatoes and cucumbers very often. More than we can handle. We love tomato soup- ok, not every day ..

The mother has just brought another 35,000 tomatoes and 3 million cucumbers. 
They are kind but what can we do? We can’t say “ oh, not again.” 
I had to laugh as I took over the plastic bag and four or five tomatoes fell out and rolled down the pathway. The mother also laughed.

Silly post of mine. 😟😂

11 minutes ago, Tap said:

I grow tomatoes on my balcony every year and whenever I can gather about a kilo, I make an arrabbiata sauce.  I freeze it in portions and I usually have enough then to get me through the winter.  It's very easy to make and and is a wonderful addition to a meal.

Arrabbiata Sauce Recipe with roasted fresh tomatoes | The Veg Space

Not bad! I'll take a glass (just kidding). :-)

However, John's area is very similar to the island of Gozo where I used to live - expensive and unreliable power kind of limit the use of freezers. Hence the sun drying idea.

While on the subject of Greek food - the other day at the supermarket I grabbed a bag of what I expected to be Sour Cream flavoured crisps, when I got them home I discovered that they are the new Zaziki Style crisps...