What made you laugh today?

18,606 posts in this topic

On 9/18/2020, 9:56:19, Incredible Violet said:

If that was fun for you, then I'm afraid, yes, you're at least a bit of a language nerd :ph34r: I could probably try doing a German-English one ... Post us one in Russian/English :D ... Be like a night out for nerds ... 

Well, a German/English one I could do, but my Russian isn't quite good enough to set up something like the French and English one.

What made me laugh today Was a nice memory from yesterdayI talked vith a internet friend via Skype for the first time. truely lovely person my friend nice inteligent  but then i begam ranting  about politics . Luckly my friend is truely a ggod person so he did not mind.. having a nice conversation made my day .

My partner Nicole ( German ) has started saying „ Gosh „ all time recently when she‘s surprised. I have never used that word in all my life! Too posh for me!😂

Nice try, mate! So, walking along the village square this evening after a walk with puppy Mandy. a local ( whom I actually like ) saw me. He was sitting outside a taverna with a brown puppy on his lap and called me.“ Ela, John. „

I didn‘t play his game! „ No time.“

Then the inevitable. He deliberately set the puppy free to follow us, which the puppy did.

He or she followed us to my office. Warm greetings from me but that was it.

The game? Let the dumb foreigner deal with it. The unknown puppy.

Yep. There is a limit. There is a limit...

18 hours ago, john g. said:

Nice try, mate! So, walking along the village square this evening after a walk with puppy Mandy. a local ( whom I actually like ) saw me. He was sitting outside a taverna with a brown puppy on his lap and called me.“ Ela, John. „

I didn‘t play his game! „ No time.“

Then the inevitable. He deliberately set the puppy free to follow us, which the puppy did.

He or she followed us to my office. Warm greetings from me but that was it.

The game? Let the dumb foreigner deal with it. The unknown puppy.

Yep. There is a limit. There is a limit...

The villager actually turned up at the office this morning and asked: “ how is the dog doing?”

😂

Is “ laugh “ the right word?😂

Got up this morning, did the usual animal rounds, back to the office and found out the internet wasn’t working!

Found an unpaid Greek Telecom bill from July and remembered that was the time when corona was still at its peak here and their office wasn’t open.

Waited at the bus stop for an hour. It didn’t come but took a later ( and late!) bus to Agios. The bus left our village at 1 pm and arrived in Agios at 1.40.

Fast walk to Cosmote.. just before they closed at 2 and paid.

Rushed up and down hilly roads to the supermarket to get in the weekend supplies and the bus back to the village arrived on time at 2.15!

Bloody hot!

But then, halfway back home, a van driver reversed into my side of the bus !

Bus driver got out, said nothing to us, chatted a bit to the van driver and made endless phone calls.

I got off the bus a couple of times so I could take my mask off- as did others.

I got back on the bus, and one hour after the mini accident, we took off again - NOT sure if all the passengers were on the bus..😟 The bus driver said nothing to anyone.

Got home at 4 - luckily a Skype chat scheduled for exactly then had been postponed.🙏🏻

At least the internet is working again!😂