What made you laugh today?

18,108 posts in this topic

Nice try SS Dave! ;) Funny how you and my son-in-law had the exact same supermarket experience, along with 2 of my Facebook friends!!! The EXACT SAME!

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.:huh:

8 minutes ago, arunadasi said:

Nice try SS Dave! ;) Funny how you and my son-in-law had the exact same supermarket experience, along with 2 of my Facebook friends!!! The EXACT SAME!

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.:huh:

Oh, come on, Arunadasi, the world renowned author Giordano Bruno once said:

"Se non è vero, è molto ben trovato." 

I have to laugh over people who think calling other people names upsets them/makes them angry/makes them go crawl into a corner to weep  :D

I am of the "sticks and stones" generation. Words? Ugly words? Poof! They are like little stinky farts in the wind!

There are too many childish minds out there who love this stuff, @arunadasi. I was married to one. I think perhaps half of the FB references to Trump (for example) use either some variant of his last name or call him something they feel suitably nasty, usually with the color orange playing a large part. Or they simply call him 45, which I do find acceptable.
But making fun of people by mocking their name is so juvenile, it makes me annoyed at the name-callers and thus weakens their message, in my mind.

59 minutes ago, katheliz said:

But making fun of people by mocking their name is so juvenile, it makes me annoyed at the name-callers and thus weakens their message, in my mind.

I agree 100%...   I see a lot of this on Facebook: calling him names, etc, like that thing with the coffeefee or whatever -- it went on forever!

. Now, I can't stand him as much as the next Democrat but this is really so childish. Also those stupid balloons and statues they made of him. It just shows them up as Kindergartners. I do like intelligent jokes about him, though -- irony and puns especially.

I suppose a lot of it is release of frustration and anger, but there are better, more mature ways to deal with such emotions. 

Are my testicles black?

A suspected Covid-19 male patient is lying in bed in the hospital, wearing an oxygen mask over his mouth and nose. A young student female nurse appears and gives him a partial sponge bath. 
"Nurse,"' he mumbles from behind the mask, "are my testicles black?"
Embarrassed, the young nurse replies, "I don't know, Sir. I'm only here to wash your upper body and feet."
He struggles to ask again, "Nurse, please check for me. Are my testicles black?"
Concerned that he might elevate his blood pressure and heart rate from worrying about his testicles, she overcomes her embarrassment and
pulls back the covers.
She raises his gown, holds his manhood in one hand and his testicles gently in the other.
She looks very closely and says, "There's nothing wrong with them, Sir. They look fine."
The man slowly pulls off his oxygen mask, smiles at her, and says very slowly,
"Thank you very much. That was wonderful. Now listen very,
very, closely:
"Are - my - test - results - back?"