What made you laugh today?

18,099 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, john g. said:

Bloody hell! Just been walking a couple of dogs to the square and back. The wife of one of the taverna owners came out of the taverna, got on her scooter to the mini market, left a couple of empty bottles outside the mini market and rode back to the taverna.

Let me put it this way! I have a bad back right now and am walking slowly and unsteadily.

It took me about one minute to walk from the taverna to the mini market.

😂😂😂

A few weeks ago my daughter was outside her Kindergarten and asked a mother of another child:

"Why did you drive?  Your house is there!" (Turns and points to their house which is ~80m away!)

Mother utters some response about needing to drive somewhere else after Kindergarten drop-off.

Funny thing is, the car parking for the Kindergarten was full, so she spent more time queuing up for a parking space then it would have taken her to walk there and back again! (Being Kindergarten you have to take the child in and can't just drop them off).

And I complain when my wife has driven our daughter the 600m (1.2km there and back) in the rain!  

Trust kids to come up with the right questions. She probably now has you down on her not-the-right-parents-list though.

4 hours ago, dj_jay_smith said:

I complain when my wife has driven our daughter the 600m (1.2km there and back) in the rain!  

How's that working for you? Getting any results? :D

That made me laugh because I met Andre the Giant at a steeplechase in Aiken, SC many years ago. He managed to use the toilet in my friend's Winnebago.

Andre the Giant was a friend of my husband's family.

He told me fond stories of sitting on Andre's huge knee as a kid while Andre played cards with his Dad.  :D

I had a question for the " questions you are afraid to ask  because you might look stupid " thread today but I couldn´t find the thread! It said it was not available!

:rolleyes:

The question still remains...what´s the English for  Liebesängste ? I needed it to help  a German doing a dissertation...

5 minutes ago, HH_Sailor said:

but, *mods*  where did the  thread go?

It has been gone for a while. Flame war, I believe, as usual. 

..after a thousand:P commas, HH!

In my business (insurance), there´s a particular question about income on a German insurance form, which is a paragraph long.

In English the question would be (though it doesn´t exist ): do you earn over 450 euros a month...yes or no? Commas and clauses and no end to it!!!

15 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

It has been gone for a while. Flame war, I believe, as usual. 

Was it you or me?

:P

43 minutes ago, john g. said:

I had a question for the " questions you are afraid to ask  because you might look stupid " thread today but I couldn´t find the thread! It said it was not available!

The question still remains...what´s the English for  Liebesängste ? I needed it to help  a German doing a dissertation...

one way to describe it is to be 'gun shy' about love or a new relationship.

Tor!! You are a wonderful English teacher! BUT the correct spelling is Gunn shy!

:D

(hope to share a beer March or so with you in Hamburg!! )