What made you laugh today?

18,107 posts in this topic

“Poor Old fool,” thought the well-dressed gentleman as he watched an old man fishing in a large puddle outside a pub, just after Christmas. Being a kndly gentleman and wondering if the old man was perhaps a bit senile, he invited him inside for a drink.

As they sipped their beers, the gentleman thought he’d humor the old man and asked, “So how many have you caught so far today?”

The old man replied, “You’re the eighth.”

3 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

All morning Lilly and her Bestie have been running around the Hof/yard all morning... like a pair of crazed loonies!!

Just been to make my bed and found 4 Crunchie wrappers hidden under the duvet!!!   

Suppose this should be in the vent!!   :lol:

My daughter is sent some Brit chocolate at times...Crunchies, Aeros, Chocolate Orange, Finger of Fudge etc... after she and her friends devoured the lot some years ago, the deal now is that I have at least one or two before they are all gone!

8 hours ago, Sannerl said:

excuses, equations, etc...

You're a physicist?

No, but this time of the year I become a fizzicist, at least until New Years day or when the champagne is depleted.

3 hours ago, Techsmex said:

No, but this time of the year I become a fizzicist, at least until New Years day or when the champagne is depleted.

Cheers!

We went to the bank today for a simple transaction. We were in the queue for nearly an hour. Only about 8 people in front of us. Getting frustrated, I said to Nicole: " did I ever tell you about a scene in a movie where a guy says " take your time, no worries  etc ?"

" Ah, yes, Schatzi, "

So, I decided to google it on my SmartPhone, found it and put the loudspeaker on loud!

No one noticed or cared but it helped pass the time!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSu5W0BtXG8&feature=youtu.be

Hi Beth! You know that scene where the guy/ baddie is looking down from the flat and seeing a dog suffer is unhappy?

I am pretty sure that was in my building where I lived for a while as a student in South Kensington ( London).

There was one toilet in the building and I remember Glaucia ( a Brazilian married to my mate Mike ) giving up on the loo queue, doing a dumpez- vous in their room into a plastic bag, tying up the bag and chucking it out the window!

Youth...

😀

18 minutes ago, BethAnnBitt said:

As I said on another thread John, you are a treasure trove of stories. 😂😂😂

By the way, the transaction didn’t work at the bank!

😩

” Miss Nicole, you can’t remember your PIN number? We need your new address so we can write you.”

” I have had the same address for years. “

Bank guy: “ we don’t know your address.”

Nice lady bank employee who has known us for years: “ here is the letter from her lawyer from 6 years ago with her address . “

Nicole: “ another time.”

So we buggered off and went shopping!😀

I won’t repeat what Nicole said about the young male bank employee after we left the bank. This is a family forum!

😜😜

Edit- WE didn’t go shopping. One of us did!

😂

45 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

brown.png

Sigh, Spider. You do have a way of charming ladies. Your post is a direct reference to Beth.

Innit?

I wish you a Happy New Year and to your daughter, who will one day be a grown up lady.

The ending of "Some like it Hot" But Osgod i am a man" Well nobody is perfect" realy made me laugh even though i watched hundreads of times.

5 hours ago, john g. said:

Sigh, Spider. You do have a way of charming ladies. Your post is a direct reference to Beth.

Innit?

Yep... in exactly the opposite way as you do...   

You love to "swoon" them and claim ownership... ie "My Nicole"... and I prefer to be "me"....

I dare say Beth has bought insurance from you and therefore is "in love with you"

Personally, I am sick to the back teeth of all the people you know who have done something... 

1 hour ago, SpiderPig said:

You love to "swoon" them and claim ownership... ie "My Nicole"... and I prefer to be "me"...

I dare say Beth has bought insurance from you and therefore is "in love with you"

Personally, I am sick to the back teeth of all the people you know who have done something... 

I think you’ve lost your marbles. I haven’t fallen in love with John because I’ve bought insurance from him.  I simply enjoy hearing about life on Crete and find his treasure trove of stories amusing.  Nothing more. Nothing less.  I’m sorry that you feel the need to be so angry and negative.  The topic here is “what made you laugh today”.  

You love to "swoon" them and claim ownership... ie "My Nicole"... and I prefer to be "me"...

Personally, I am sick to the back teeth of all the people you know who have done something.

Can you just ignore the stories, SP? 

The thing being with people complaining about other posters, it is mostly boring for the majority who don't really care so much either way.

I don't think john hounds you, or not that I have seen.

I enjoy some of his anecdotes, some of them I scroll through because I can't be bothered - we can't all enjoy the same stuff. Complaining is irritating for all.