What made you laugh today?

17,647 posts in this topic

You have just stolen my pizza joke, clive!

😩

So, I have no option but to tell another true story!

Man goes to the doc, feeling a bit unwell..

Doc: “ ok, it’s not good.. you have a brand new disease called HAS. “

Man: “ what’s that? “

Doc: “ it is a mixture of herpes, AIDS and syphilis. And the only thing you can do is to change your diet and from now on eat only very flat pizza.”

Man: “ will that cure me? “

Doc: “ no, but it’s the only thing the nurse will be able to shove under the door. “

RIP my old buddy Mike, who died of AIDS in London in 1991 and whom I shall never forget. 

He loved black humour.

And when the phone call came from his Buddhist partner, I was already in Hamburg and his partner told me he had planted a tree in Mike’s memory and I hope the tree is tall and splendid and providing shade for sunseekers in that part of South East London and inspiration for the lonely in their hour of need.

https://arbeits-abc.de/jobtitel/

I saw this article today about trendy job titles in Germany (always in English to make them sound more important ! ).

I particularly laughed at " Country Manager " and " Chief Evangelist " and am still baffled by whatever " Trafficer " is!

:lol:

"chief evangelist" is ancient in the US.  I suspect this is not an attempt to use english to sound important, it's just an english term

in fact all of those are US terms - none of them are really new.  The only one I have never heard is trafficer

What is a " chief evangelist?"And what about " trafficer ", lisa? What is it? Or is it a village idiot missing a k?

:D

Well, some people are happy to get a fancy job description rather than a pay rise...you´d be amazed how their ego works better then!

5 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

"chief evangelist" is ancient in the US.  I suspect this is not an attempt to use english to sound important, it's just an english term

in fact all of those are US terms - none of them are really new.  The only one I have never heard is trafficer

The strangest US term these day is POTUS!!! Jeez..!!!

I don't know what a trafficer is.  It sounds like a typically weird US term - maybe a combination of traffic and officer?  no idea

chief evangelists pump the reputation of the company.  Often from a tech standpoint

6 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

..and what is a Country Manager??? A President?

:angry::lol:

19 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

I don't know what a trafficer is.  It sounds like a typically weird US term - maybe a combination of traffic and officer?  no idea

chief evangelists pump the reputation of the company.  Often from a tech standpoint

Oh, my first thought was some Baptist church or whatever!

(just wondering if an insurance broker , in my case, is someone who breaks insurance contracts!! )..also a pretty weird job description!!!

:D

'BREAKING NEWS...
Police have just confirmed that VUE Cinema Basingstoke was the victim of a robbery earlier today!
Police are urging witnesses to come forward!

Two men escaped with an estimated total of £1,500 in goods.

It’s believed the men have made off with 4 hot dogs, 2 medium pepsi max’s, a family size popcorn and a bag of revels...'

Some bugger stole my Max, Clive? No wonder I haven´t seen him this evening! Massive reward!!! ( to keep him away!!! )

1 hour ago, john g. said:

..and what is a Country Manager??? A President?

:angry::lol:

A country manager typically works for a nonprofit organization or company supervising an office within a specific country

More relief than laughing!

When I take the bus from the village to town to do stuff, the bus leaves at 9.45 am (if it is to Agios...if to Ierapetra..it´s the school bus at 7 ) and returns at 12.30.

So I went to Agios today, did my stuff and there´s a café close to the bus stop and I was biding my time and it was around 12.15 and I was finishing my bored-of-waiting coffee and  suddenly I saw the bus at the top of the road. I quickly paid and got on the bus...15 minutes earlier than it has ever been. Close shave...

The next bus is about three hours later and the dogs were at home and I had forgotten to leave the patio door open...Max , my wild-ish dog , had meanwhile protested and left a message on the floor.

:rolleyes:

PS: forgot to buy eye drops in Agios. I need them but forgot...damn.

Yes a bit cheesy, but at least no violence, crime, and gore for a change

I do miss the sex though...

79316548_10218176674502136_2364713395795525632_n.jpg