What made you laugh today?

17,348 posts in this topic

the latest tattoo trend making headlines.  it's called the 'hair no mower', better than a mowhawk..

72306051_10218245949132394_8790374299023179776_n.jpg

The wife is selling and giving away for free old stuff that we no longer need or use.

For an old TomTom she received this message:

Bite ish prahen fill ish bin pizza fara ish fishten nit gud ti yhtrase bin ish harz 4 arbaitsllos habish kain geld kaufen noje helfen mi tanke

1 hour ago, dj_jay_smith said:

For an old TomTom she received this message:

Did you decipher the message? :)

I had been thinking about watering the outdoor plants this morning. I didn‘t get round to it.

Then it rained today for about three minutes!

First rain since about April or do!

So I have postponed the effort because - maybe - a thunderstorm is on its way during the night!

This one had me almost crying for laughing:

A rather new, rather annoying little boy (Turkish background), of a want-to-be boss is in the habit of playing pop music full-blast if he is working in the warehouse.

His taste in music is, well, not exactly mine, so I took in a stick of my favourites - Billy Joel, Bruce springfeld, The Cranberries, Sinead, etc, and let that blast away for a few hours.

Little boy went running off to chat with the boss.

Boss later came up to me, hardly able to control himself - apparently the little one had said to him that he finds it amazing that I can actually understand all the words being sung in English!!!

I just fell appart!

17 hours ago, LeonG said:

Did you decipher the message? :)

Bite ish prahen fill ish bin pizza fara ish fishten nit gud ti yhtrase bin ish harz 4 arbaitsllos habish kain geld kaufen noje helfen mi tanke

Only parts, but I think it is fake. 

Because no matter how bad your German is, one of the first words you learn is "ich"  and although you might pronouce it as "ish" you would never write it like this.  

But we basically ignored it because;

1)   we had plenty of interest 

2)   they are asking for help (habish kain geld kaufen helfen mi tanke), so we assume that want it for free (we are only asking 5 euros!)

3)   although we feel sorry for anybody who finds themselves in a bad situation and need Hartz IV, if they are working as a "Pizza fahrer" then they are cheating the system

2 minutes ago, dj_jay_smith said:

Only parts, but I think it is fake. 

Because no matter how bad your German is, one of the first words you learn is "ich"  and although you might pronouce it as "ish" you would never write it like this.  

But we basically ignored it because;

1)   we had plenty of interest 

2)   they are asking for help (habish kain geld kaufen helfen mi tanke), so we assume that want it for free (we are only asking 5 euros!)

3)   although we feel sorry for anybody who finds themselves in a bad situation and need Hartz IV, if they are working as a "Pizza fahrer" then they are cheating the system

I know a guy who writes almost this badly so it could be real.  

I have also heard that it's common in the restaurant business that workers, be it servers, cooks or drivers are registered as mini jobbers while working full time as well as claiming benefits so that could be true as well.

However, if he's claiming benefits and working, he should be able to afford to pay for it.

5 hours ago, LeonG said:

It's definitely dyslexia, a medical condition.

Can happen to anyone after brain injury, for example. Nothing to do with one's intelligence.

5 hours ago, LeonG said:

I have also heard that it's common in the restaurant business that workers, be it servers, cooks or drivers are registered as mini jobbers while working full time as well as claiming benefits so that could be true as well.

However, if he's claiming benefits and working, he should be able to afford to pay for it.

I thought he was a bad fisherman, unemployed (understandable if he's not good at his trade) and on harz 4

the pizza thing did confuse me, but frankly, most of it did. 

We are back from vacation, and I noticed the two free samples of dry cat food I got a while ago were ripped open and empty.

Asking our cat sitter how our cat has liked the food, the response was "What samples?"...

I'll let the manufacturer know.