What made you laugh today?

17,166 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, RedMidge said:

Best get a towel to sit on in the heat !

You hoopy frood!

5d0fa36aac628_BizarroParrotwantscracker0

Here's Mike Peterson's commentary from today's Comic Strip of the Day blog:

When Dan Piraro handed over the Mon-Sat Bizarros to Wayno, it was so he could concentrate on Sundays, and this one shows the value of that.

You can, if you wish, start with the detail on the parrot and the pigeons, but I’d direct your attention to the variation in coloring on the sky, on the leaves and even on the blue house at the right.

And then there is both the facial expressions and the body language of those birds. This is called “Selling the gag,” because a regular Sunday comic of a parrot saying that to a bunch of pigeons would be so-what if they didn’t look so puzzled and slightly threatened by this large, strange bird who is trying to communicate in the English he learned as a captive.

2 hours ago, katheliz said:

5d0fa36aac628_BizarroParrotwantscracker0

Here's Mike Peterson's commentary from today's Comic Strip of the Day blog:

When Dan Piraro handed over the Mon-Sat Bizarros to Wayno, it was so he could concentrate on Sundays, and this one shows the value of that.

You can, if you wish, start with the detail on the parrot and the pigeons, but I’d direct your attention to the variation in coloring on the sky, on the leaves and even on the blue house at the right.

And then there is both the facial expressions and the body language of those birds. This is called “Selling the gag,” because a regular Sunday comic of a parrot saying that to a bunch of pigeons would be so-what if they didn’t look so puzzled and slightly threatened by this large, strange bird who is trying to communicate in the English he learned as a captive.

Reminds me of a piece by Banksy where three native British birds gang upon a migratory bird saying something like  come here to take our seeds have you?

Our local town Police AKA 'The keystone Cops'

Young lad on a Vespa scooter comes out of a side street without wearing a helmet. Police car coming towards him blasts his horn and swerves the Police car in front of the lad to block his way. The lad mounts the pavement and rides around the car. The policeman than attempts a 3 point turn and half way through it he stalls the car. By the time he's turned round, the Vespa is gone. This is just one of several incidences we've seen where the cops have been outwitted by the locals.

Outwitted by the locals, I like that, round here the cops seem to spend most of their time eating at the fleischer before waddling back to the station.

This is just one of several occasions:

A jewellers was raided by armed guys on Pushbikes, took the Keystone Cops 2 hours to find the bikes, after 18 months I don't think they've found the perps yet.

They chased 2 black guys who had committed a mugging twice around the Market place in the town. The muggers were on foot, the KC in the car and a Police motorcycle, we watched the muggers run up Hauptstrasse and hide in a Hof, the KC couldn't find them. -  Black kids in a small town in the Pfalz, it's not like looking for them In the Southern USA or in Brixton.

We reported a guy vandalising a train we were on, went into the Police station next to the railway station, I stayed outside whilst my wife went in, she told them the guy was outside and they should come. After they'd finished eating their sandwiches and had their coffee they came out by which time I told them the guy was gone. They decided to take a wonder around the station.

The best one I think was the Police motorcyclist riding his motorcycle in the Market place during the World Cup last year, the Marketplace is a pedestrianised area. He then told a cyclist to get off the bike as it's not allowed in the Pedestrian zone. Trouble is, it is allowed after 8PM which it was whereas motor vehicles are banned full stop.

11 hours ago, Wasteland said:

Outwitted by the locals, I like that, round here the cops seem to spend most of their time eating at the fleischer before waddling back to the station.

"Waddling"? Around here you never see coppers on foot. They drive around in their cars even on the streets that are exclusively for pedestrians.

I live about 40 km south east of Frankfurt and we have police on bicycles around here now.  It's new, I saw them first about 6 weeks ago, but it was good to see them out and about.

I've seen policemen in Paris using Roller-skates, beats the traffic. We also have Police on bikes in our town, they have caught a few unsuspecting cyclists out.

Justin Trudeau knows Trump is a germophobe, here he is trolling him with a little cough.

He must be VERY unwell if he wants any Bud beer.

When I woke up this morning, I had 30°C in the bedroom, simply unbearable!

Hitze2.jpg.825ab09457f3cead1d2dd61ad1f2d

8 minutes ago, franklan said:

Isn't your wife lucky?

6 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Isn't your wife lucky?

Ha, ha...perhaps the doc should take a look at his left foot too. :lol:

Hi all, I'm new here. I had a chuckle with my mom on her bare minimum requirements to join some social groups in her area. She is over 65. We decided at bare minimum she would need to wear her BH and dentures.

:lol:

On 26/06/2019, 14:59:54, franklan said:

30c, I'd say nearer 35 cms actually.