What made you laugh today?

17,134 posts in this topic

I asked Siri to send a message in German to my son "bring a bottle of milk with you" 

Answer:

"Bring Andrew to meet me there"

WTF?

1 hour ago, Janx Spirit said:

I asked Siri to send a message in German to my son "bring a bottle of milk with you" 

Answer:

"Bring Andrew to meet me there"

WTF?

Yeah, I never understood why she can‘t be bilingual. Nope, either German or English. I understand that she cant run the fuzzy interpreter over all languages, but at least make a shortcut between two or three. 

For example my primary language is English and she should use that as a default, but give me the option of saying “languagechange German“ to dynamically switch to German for whatever follows, without needing to go through all the settings to change it then change back again. 

I just  got a letter from an insurance company with whom I had been paying into a company-sponsored pension scheme for my employee and the pension scheme ran out two years ago. I had paid one month too much into it, it turns out..so they are refunding the money!

I used to be used to German efficiency...five years later in Greece..I can only laugh. That would never happen in Greece!

:D

Nobody would have noticed..and if they had, somebody else would have pocketed the money!

I hope, no Toytowner got wet:

Man urinated from Berliner Brücke on excursion steamer - four injured

In Berlin, several people were injured when a man urinated from a bridge onto an excursion steamer. Four injured persons were taken to hospitals by ambulance, the Berlin fire brigade announced on Friday in the online service Twitter. When the man peed on the excursion ship on the Spree, several passengers jumped up and injured their heads while passing through.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

https://www.welt.de/newsticker/news2/article195708071/Kriminalitaet-Mann-uriniert-von-Berliner-Bruecke-auf-Ausflugsdampfer-Vier-Verletzte.html

18 hours ago, hooperski said:

This is so bad, it's brilliant.

Reminds me of "Bhangraman" from the brilliant "Goodness Gracious Me" team:

5 minutes ago, Wulfrun said:

5d0f5bcd24929_busnudity.jpg.1e5301003fe9

Smashing the window may have been too noisy.

Munich, a few years ago: Boiling hot Summer day, no working AC on the bus, a young mother with her baby on board.

My husband asked the driver to open the windows that required a key.

Response: "I can't do that because I'd have to stop longer than usual for that."

The young mother and some other passengers left the bus before having reached their destination to avoid a heat stroke.

Yes; we did report that back then.

And yes; everyone taking off their clothes may have done the trick, too... ^_^

Btw: Did you know that in Germany you're allowed to operate your car nakedly if you wear sturdy shoes?

15 minutes ago, Sannerl said:

Smashing the window may have been too noisy.

Munich, a few years ago: Boiling hot Summer day, no working AC on the bus, a young mother with her baby on board.

My husband asked the driver to open the windows that required a key.

Response: "I can't do that because I'd have to stop longer than usual for that."

The young mother and some other passengers left the bus before having reached their destination to avoid a heat stroke.

Yes; we did report that back then.

And yes; everyone taking off their clothes may have done the trick, too... ^_^

Btw: Did you know that in Germany you're allowed to operate your car nakedly if you wear sturdy shoes?

Best get a towel to sit on in the heat !

10 minutes ago, RedMidge said:

Best get a towel to sit on in the heat !

Good argument against leather seats.