What made you laugh today?

17,182 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, john g. said:

Hilarious, Janx??????

( bit like the quote system on here!)

By the way, the young guy is right!??

I felt much the same when learning German, what's with the "und".

Although in Britain in days of yore, instead of twenty-four, we used to say four and twenty .

Now "isn't that a dainty dish to set before the king"? ;) 

Saw today that some UK schools have entered a children´s best jokes competition. My favourite one: an old lady at the bank asked me to check her balance. So I pushed her over.

Cruel but loved it!

Sorry, was too quick. Tried to copy the picture and fiddle about w/it before sending it to my kids. No offense meant, Jeremy. :o

What I was trying to post was, today I get an email titled "Can your bun pan do this?"

???

Turns out it is this:   

New England Hot Dog Bun Pan

which is still a bit...strange...but here's the link.

https://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/items/new-england-hot-dog-bun-pan?go=EP190517_P&trk_msg=O2N4FNT30GLK7FQ987PPF6K8B4&trk_contact=F1MC7H3QOJKQVB7CUFNPT7D03O&trk_s&utm_source=ltk_master&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Shop+Now&utm_campaign=EP-190517&utm_content=hotdog-pan-20po-kafpans

I must be old. Doesn't take much to amuse me any more. :) 

Kale,  or as Germans call it 'Grünkohl', is something wonderful to eat on a cold winter's day. With sugar glazed mini spuds. With or without 'Kassler'.

A speciality of Schleswig-Holstein!

32 minutes ago, HH_Sailor said:

Kale,  or as Germans call it 'Grünkohl', is something wonderful to eat on a cold winter's day. With sugar glazed mini spuds. With or without 'Kassler'.

A speciality of Schleswig-Holstein!

Just add coconut oil... ;) 

Yes, many people like it. When it first came to the U.S. it was used as garnish all around salad bars and considered inedible but it stayed green for a long time. 

We did learn in a cooking course in Tuscany that is was and is used in a lot of "poor man" soups and stews which are still very popular today.

You can do weird and wonderful things with vegetables.  I put cooked spinach into a quesadilla last night and used a little lard to fry it. It turned out great.  

12 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Yes, many people like it. When it first came to the U.S. it was used as garnish all around salad bars and considered inedible but it stayed green for a long time. 

We did learn in a cooking course in Tuscany that is was and is used in a lot of "poor man" soups and stews which are still very popular today.

Baby kale salad with fresh olive oil and lemon with a bit of chicken or some gently fried beef strips on top even convinced Mr Metall. Of course finding out on his accord at the trade show helped greatly. :)

This explains the last two weeks or so.

ha.JPG

14 minutes ago, Janx Spirit said:

Oh dear indeed...

Even funnier - do a search of Hunter Biden crack pipe and check out the websites that are carrying the story. Hilarious!

Fox News won't even touch it.