What made you laugh today?

17,917 posts in this topic

Ha, fraufruit! It was a post about when I ended up in the freezing Altiplano in Peru in darkness with a sleeping bag and rucksack and was very hungry. I remembered I had a can of tuna fish in my rucksack but didn’t have a tin opener so tried relentlessly to open it! If I remember rightly, I had to wait till daylight to locate a stone to smash the tin open?.

But Pete’s story is much more charming!

Seems a shame to follow John's stories with this, but back to the gutter...

5ca8719b880e1_nevertrustafart.jpg.fbb495

23 minutes ago, john g. said:

Ha, fraufruit! It was a post about when I ended up in the freezing Altiplano in Peru in darkness with a sleeping bag and rucksack and was very hungry. I remembered I had a can of tuna fish in my rucksack but didn’t have a tin opener so tried relentlessly to open it! If I remember rightly, I had to wait till daylight to locate a stone to smash the tin open?.

In a scientific experiment an average person, a physicist and a mathematician were locked in individual rooms, each one with a can of food and no means whatsoever to open it.

After a few minutes, the observers heard loud noises from the first room and took a peek - of course, that person had thrown the can against the wall until it had opened.

No noise from the next room until one loud bang - the physicist had calculated the exactly right angle to throw the can against the wall to open it.

The third room - well; no sound at all... after waiting for a long time, the observers got worried and opened the door only to find the mathematician mumbling: "Assuming the can was open..."

1 hour ago, john g. said:

Crazy Russian Hacker shows how to open a can using concrete in this video :)

1 hour ago, LeonG said:

Crazy Russian Hacker shows how to open a can using concrete in this video :)

OK - the joke I've told above is several decades old. Nowadays,...

Delightful, dear lisa!:lol::lol::lol:

" My dearest human "...love that, too..have to remember that!!!!

:P:P:P

@Sannerl YES I know that one well, I was just poking around for ze frank's stuff as I love the cat video you linked as well as his "nature" narrations, and found the sad dogs. 

The sad kitten who feels only half loved because the authorities only pet him with one hand is...

:mellow:

Sigh.  I miss being a cat lady.  

2 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

@Sannerl YES I know that one well, I was just poking around for ze frank's stuff as I love the cat video you linked as well as his "nature" narrations, and found the sad dogs. 

The sad kitten who feels only half loved because the authorities only pet him with one hand is...

Just a few minutes ago, our rescue (cat; she's with us over ten years now)  managed to crawl under a very thick, heavy blanket (a "yo"; you usually sleep on it on the floor), turn around and look at us with her "That's how it's meant to be" face.

Now, she does her usual knitting on her cushion in the middle of her couch.

Oh, she's done with that - grooming time.

15 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

15 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

All good women are cats, Lisa! Clever, weighing up the options of whether to go through the door or not and don´t take any shit from any one!

Just a theory! (a theory based on life experience:D !! )

I might be wrong!

my last outdoor cat would follow me when I went on walks in the woods.  He also LOVED to be chased...especially around and around large trees (he grew up in the redwoods of CA...so yeah, they were pretty large at the base).  We'd be outside and he'd kind of jump up in the air, land in an action pose and look at me askew as if he were SO SCARED, and start off running behind the nearest tree...rinse and repeat til I chased him.  It was ridiculous and great.

Mickey Mouse is having a nasty divorce with Minnie Mouse. Mickey spoke to the judge about the separation. "I'm sorry Mickey, but I can't legally separate you two on the grounds that Minnie is mentally insane..." Mickey replied, "I didn't say she was mentally insane, I said that she's fucking goofy!"

..shouldn´t laugh really..but I am because it was so predictable...

Expecting electrician at 5 pm..reminded him this morning on the street...didn´t turn up (same happened with him twice last week )

Expecting insulation experts (due to massive rain and damage the last few days )...they didn´t turn up last Friday as arranged and didn´t phone to explain...so,I phoned to arrange a  new date...didn´t turn up or phone to explain  at 4pm today,either...

The way it is here and they never apologize.

No more chasing after them..if they don´t want the business, tough...I´ll find other people who won´t turn up!

:D:D:(

5 minutes ago, john g. said:

No more chasing after them..if they don´t want the business, tough...I´ll find other people who won´t turn up!

:D:D:(

That didn't make me laugh but did make me smile. :D

I know you are keeping close tabs on this rare phenomenon.