What made you laugh today?

16,829 posts in this topic

@wolfrun : Although Trump utters a lot of shite regularly, he is right concerning this issue... Guess why the Europeans took French Guiana as location for their Space Center.

let me quote from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guiana_Space_Centre

It is near the equator, so that less energy is required to maneuver a spacecraft into an equatorial, geostationary orbit.

It has open sea to the east, so that lower stages of rockets and debris from launch failures are unlikely to fall on human habitations. Rockets launch to the east to take advantage of the angular momentum provided by Earth's rotation.

[..] the main benefit of Kourou is that the near-equatorial launch location provides an advantage for launches to low-inclination (or geostationary) Earth orbits compared to launches from spaceports at higher latitude. This is because rockets can be launched into orbits with an inclination of as low as ~6°. The lowest inclination a rocket from Cape Canaveral could be launched to is 28.5° (the latitude of Cape Canaveral). Inclination change burns already require significant amounts of delta-v, so needing to change inclination by 28.5° seriously affects a rocket's capability to send satellites into a geostationary transfer orbit (GTO). As a result of these phenomena, similarly sized Proton and Ariane 5 rockets can send similar payloads to LEO. However, the Proton, launched from high latitudes in Russia, can only send 6,270 kg to GTO while a Kourou-launched Ariane 5 can send more than 10,000 kg to GTO.

There don't seem to be nearly so many TTers expecting babies these days.  I hope this will find some fans anyhow.

5c92c93cbb476_PregnancyQA.jpg.c6e36ce0ed

By the way, no dearth of babies in my extended family this month - three so far, including a great-granddaughter. :)

I got more reasons that made me laugh today:

Chinglish-sign-001.jpg.741a7e0e3355b4637

Obviously someone is very unhappy about the bad network! 

[Actual meaning of the Chinese characters: Top-up Card for Mobile Phones ]

Can't upload more pics here. Size limit. Just check out this big collection of hilariously amuzing translation fails. It will keep you laughing for all day! 

8 hours ago, winningminds said:

I got more reasons that made me laugh today:

Chinglish-sign-001.jpg.741a7e0e3355b4637

Obviously someone is very unhappy about the bad network! 

[Actual meaning of the Chinese characters: Top-up Card for Mobile Phones ]

Can't upload more pics here. Size limit. Just check out this big collection of hilariously amuzing translation fails. It will keep you laughing for all day! 

My all-time favorite is "Fuck the duck until exploded". Makes me laugh every time I see it.

6 hours ago, lisa13 said:

"cunt examination" captured the concept correctly, but it's a bit on the nose :/

So, cunnilingus then?