What made you laugh today?

16,847 posts in this topic

The Spaghetti-Harvest is of course the real classic & (according to my parents) took about everybody in who owned a TV (black & whote of course) at that time (1957).

I like this quote from Wikipedia:

An estimated eight million people watched the programme on 1 April, and hundreds phoned in the following day to question the authenticity of the story or ask for more information about spaghetti cultivation and how they could grow their own spaghetti trees. The BBC reportedly told them to "place a sprig of spaghetti in a tin of tomato sauce and hope for the best".

1 hour ago, food mom said:

I have a leaky brain, so didn't want to wait for the end of the month to post this, for fear of forgetting. Annual family favourite. My daughter studied in Lugano, and says she was so disappointed that she didn't know about this, she could have visited them and helped with the harvest (she says. Probably wanted to oogle those migrant spaghetti pickers that surely were needed...)...

I remember watching this on April Fool’s Day as a boy.    Surprisingly many people believed it.   

Nigella Lawson, British Cookery Writer.

" You do not have to be a devout Christian to observe Pancake Day. I couldn't let the date pass without making a batch of these: it would seem a sin against tradition, nature and greed, that other holy trinity. They're not difficult to make - just your basic crepes - and you can fill them however you like. I have to have mine as I always did as a child, that's to say, sprinkled with granulated sugar and squeezed with lemon juice. But we live in a more vulgar age now, and my children like theirs spread with Nutella."

I had my lower teeth and gums x-rayed today. As she was fiddling about, I asked her to be careful as a couple of teeth are very loose. She replied: " ah yes, a lady yesterday swallowed a tooth when she bit too hard here."

:lol::lol:

What do we want? 

A cure for obesity. ..

When do we want it? 

After dinner. ... 😁 

2 hours ago, Clive2677 said:

Sorry, the devil in me made me share this.

A1F1A34B-DB95-40B9-8B00-A2FB2272EF71.jpeg

That proves it: Men are always right... and not much left for us women.

13 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Men are Bla. We all knew that already.

Very sexist fraufruit. :-) x

5 minutes ago, Clive2677 said:

Very sexist fraufruit. :-) x

I knew that her reply would trigger that response. And prove her point... :P