What made you laugh today?

19,615 posts in this topic

Still snorting with laughter over this one. Overheard yesterday, my 12 yo with similar aged friend (and she is so clever this kid, really).

friend "I hate how my flat is too small now with the baby. Your house has a horrible small hallway"

my daughter "Yup, it does. Maybe if we had a carpet it would at least look nicer"

friend "Carpet, you mean wall to wall? Horrible things. Why do people do that? One spill and just think, you have to pull the whole thing up and take it to the carpet cleaner. How much would that cost every time. Wow. Stupid."

my daughter "I think people use a spot cleaner and just clean the stain off"

friend "No, that would leave marks. You would have to do it properly every time, and then stick it back down.."

Sounds of choking from both inside and outside as we try to hold the gales of laughter until she is out of earshot. Because, you know, the streets are full of people with their carpet slung nonchalantly over their shoulder as they wander off to the carpet cleaners with it.

Priceless.

What everyone else said, are you fucking stupid?

:lol:

I'm glad Guest returned :)

Found a fun way to practise numbers in Greek from 1-25 today in quick succession: counting the potholes in a road this morning! :)

LOL, Bad robots tickle me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohbMIUIBEuQ

A couple of weeks ago, the wife signed up for a free month trial of Amazon's audio books. So that we would cancel it in time, I had Siri add a reminder for today.

Looks like she might have misunderstood me. She just reminded me to "cancel her boobs"... :lol: