What made you laugh today?

17,332 posts in this topic

The fact that this thread's title is abbreviated on the homepage to "Ten percent of schoolchildren think the sun rises" has made me laugh every day I have seen it. What can I say - I'm easily amused.

A friend told me this morning of a bumper sticker he had seen on a car:

"If it has tits or wheels it'll give you shit."

My 2 year old nephew got out a box of mac and cheese from the cupboard and asked his mom to make it. She told him she was busy, but that she would make it later.

He said "I cook it, I cook it!" Ran to the oven, opened the door and threw the box in, closed the door and sat in the floor in front of it, staring in the little glass window, waiting for it to cook.

Smiled all day at that one.

Finding in the back of my car today a piece of paper with "this is not a park place" ... Obviously my boyfriend removed it from some poor persons parking spot last time he drove my car... Bet he would have loved laughing at me too if I had of got a fine and was trying to work out where the hell I parked wrong...

My son, who otherwise speaks excellent english, winding mummy and daddy up by saying before, before yesterday. (vorvorgestern)

Edit Oh yeah and vorgestern has become yesteryesterday.

This just made me laugh today - from an article in the Irish Times about James Joyce:

“I know what Ulysses is about though. It’s about this guy who went around Dublin on June 16th and ended up somewhere else from where he started out.”

Fantastic! :)

http://www.correntewire.com/huge_goldman_sachs_fail_32_megs_proprietary_trading_code_stolen_and_uploaded_german_server

made me laugh that Goldmann Sachs could be the one who got taken advantage of.

Yesterday: 2 police officer came for my husband. First I was nervous that they came for me (long story short my husband always joke that he is going to get me deported to Poland one day if I continue to be a bad, lol) So when they said his name I was relieved, lol and had to ask what did my husband do? They at first hesitated to tell me. After waiting 10 minutes or so for my husband to come home they showed me pictures of him driving and drinking. My first reaction was that he do not drink and drive. They said they know it was not alcohol they need to know if that was him or not. So I told them my husband should be home around 7pm they are welcome to come back if they like. 

My husband called me to let me know that he was on his way home as usual. So ofcourse I told him that he need to hurry up and come home because two police officers are looking for him! He continue to ask me why on the phone. I told him I am not for sure just hurry up and come home. He sounded so nervous on the phone but came into the house with a smile and very calmly to find out the police officers was just there to identify if it was him or not to be slap him with a speeding ticket. Without him signing or verifying they could not give him a speeding ticket. 

When they left we laugh our butts off because we thought it was ridiculous that they would make time out to come to one house to verify who it was and because I was taking photos of what was going on saying, "How cool! This is going to be my Christmas cards for this year", lol 

That Spain managed to loose the game to Switzerland today. To Switzerland!!! Now, THIS is a disgrace...

what passes as fussball/soccer in WM has been in general made me laugh a great deal.

Half the fans could get on the field/pitch and play as well or better than what I have seen (exception were the Germans on 14-06-2010.

"You can even add your shoulders if you want! That's the fun thing about hip-hop dancing!" :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr7VinDUCm4

I just wonder why the men need to protect their goolies?

If you had them, you'd protect them too.

Straight shooting Mom, who is a great grandmother, just went home and went through customs. The officer asked her if she brought any food off the plane with her. She looked him straight in the face and told him, "HELL no! I wouldn't eat that slop, let alone, save it for later! Are you crazy??" :lol: Meanwhile, she is carrying more than a few bottles of Köstritzer Schwarzbier with her.....

a women was talking on her mobile whilst we were waiting for the traffic lights. I wasn't really listening, but burst out laughing when she exclaimed that all men are arseholes.

A much older man walked by and agreed with her.

Really made my day!