What made you laugh today?

21,759 posts in this topic

I was looking for a ‘new home’ greetings card. This one made me laugh though I’ll choose a more conservative one! (Apologies to anyone offended by the c word!)

2BC7C3EB-85C6-4CD3-B2B0-D2AEF991AB78.jpe

19 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Bored and clicking on too much crap. Anyone see what's wrong with this story? Cracked me up. Everything on the internet is not true after all.

"I used to work for a traveling performing arts company. We had a performance in Boston and while we were there, a board member wanted to take the entire company (about 20 people) to her favorite Italian restaurant. At the same time, there was a boil order on the local water because of a broken water main. Even though the pasta would have been cooked in boiling water and therefore been safe, that was not good enough. Instead, all of the pasta was boiled in Perrier water. Let me tell you, that was some of the best damn pasta I've ever tasted!" 

Nobody took a nibble. Perrier in a fine Italian restaurant.

I think there is a dearth in readership...;)

So is Perrier unworthy in the fizzy water stakes ? Only San Pellegrino would cut it ?

Or any other Italian water. Not Perrier or at least I've never seen it in Italian restaurants. I haven't been to every one.

Maybe it would have added value being exotic to an italian clientèle. Or maybe the local mafia saw a few palettes drop off a lorry under a bridge...

The audience thinks this is very funny, but I have a real problem in understanding hardly a word he says. Anyone else have this problem?

5 minutes ago, Acton said:

The audience thinks this is very funny, but I have a real problem in understanding hardly a word he says. Anyone else have this problem?

On 5/4/2022, 2:02:09, tor said:

On 5/4/2022, 2:02:09, tor said:

Fighting the quote system on Android...

No Chuck, Ah reckon Ah understand allus wot er seys. Cos Ahm from up north mesell.

18 hours ago, Acton said:

I don't have a problem but I tried the auto text and it doesn't get him :)

On 19/05/2022, 22:12:39, Acton said:

I have a real problem in understanding hardly a word he says. 

Nah. Tarm you posh furk frum darn sarf star'ed tawkin proper lark missen.