What made you laugh today?

22,020 posts in this topic

Just checked my online banking thingy. There's a debit for a Kartenzahlung of -0,07 Cent!

What the hell was that?😂

My bank has just introduced charges like this.  Depending which option I have chosen (Premium is about 13 euros a month and almost no other charges) through something intermediate, to Onine banking.  The last two charge this sort of stuff on withdrawing cash, and paying by card at shops.   Some are free, like the first 10 of each, or whatever, depending on the deal you have.

Though this could be something else.  If they have not been sending you letters asking for you to agree to this stuff.

The first bank has stopped taking 0.5% a year minus interest, others are expected to follow😃

This hasn‘t just made me laugh today, I have been laughing all week. The libel case between Rebekah Vardy and Coleen Rooney has me in stiches.

To cut a long story short, Coleen Rooney noticed that someone had been passing on private information to the press. She planted some false information on her Instagram account and decided it could only be Rebekah Vardy and made her assumption public. Rebekah Vardy then sued Coleen Rooney. During the court proceedings, Rebekah Vardy stated that other people such as her agent had access to her private Instagram account. The judge ordered that the mobile phone from her agent should be examined, the agent informed the court that it had accidentally fallen into the North Sea on a boat trip.

Here is the latest gem.  ROFL.

„As Vardy took the stand, Mr Sherborne accused the wife of Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy of leaking another story based on a photo on her private Instagram account.

While the mum-of-two denied the claims, Mr Sherborne then spoke of the absence of the WhatsApp messages.

The jury heard how her agent’s mobile phone accidentally fell overboard from a boat into the water shortly after a judge had ordered for it to be examined ahead of the trial.

He said the missing messages were “lying at the bottom of the North Sea in Davy Jones’s locker”.

It was at this point that Vardy asked: “Who is Davy Jones?” to which the judge, Mrs Justice Steyn, replied: “It just means at the bottom of the sea.”

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/rebekah-vardy-baffled-davy-jones-26946673

The whole story.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10814261/Coleen-Rooney-tells-court-meticulously-planned-Wagatha-Christie-sting-Rebekah-Vardy.html

10 hours ago, White Rose of Yorkshire said:

it had accidentally fallen into the North Sea on a boat trip

The bit that amazes me, is the rather unlikely venue for the alleged trip. I could imagine media agents might drop their phone into vat of Sangria on a Marbella booze cruise, but what were they doing on a boat in the north sea? Mackerel fishing from Whitby? Drilling for oil?

Given the grim situation, this humour is more sarcastic-satirical than comic...

putin.jpeg

come with me. I siad that I was also scared to walk past a graveyard, as long as I was alive. I never saw people to run away so fast.

Bored and clicking on too much crap. Anyone see what's wrong with this story? Cracked me up. Everything on the internet is not true after all.

"I used to work for a traveling performing arts company. We had a performance in Boston and while we were there, a board member wanted to take the entire company (about 20 people) to her favorite Italian restaurant. At the same time, there was a boil order on the local water because of a broken water main. Even though the pasta would have been cooked in boiling water and therefore been safe, that was not good enough. Instead, all of the pasta was boiled in Perrier water. Let me tell you, that was some of the best damn pasta I've ever tasted!" 

The last sketch by the late great Dave Allen that I saw whilst in the UK (I believe it was the final sketch of a series)...

I wanted a pair or moccasins - so went to town. I ended up buying two pairs ( better than wandering through a shoe shop twice in a week😂). Of course, I couldn't get away with that. Nicole ended up with two pairs of shoes! 

The shop assistant was happy! She hugged me! Nicole ( jokingly ): " stop flirting with John!"😂

She: " your husband is wonderful. He has bought you two pairs of shoes."

Me: " I'm broke now. Can you tell me your Pin number?"😂

She: " I am not good with numbers."

We all laughed our heads off.

They are shitty with dogs here but otherwise  the " lightness " in every day dealings is often wonderful.