What made you laugh today?

22,005 posts in this topic

An insurance client of mine has moved back to England and asked me to cancel his legal insurance. I wrote to the insurance company, as his broker , providing details of his new address there.

Wonders happen! Looks like they have cancelled MY legal insurance and written to me at his address in England!😂

A phone call will take place tomorrow!

11 hours ago, john g. said:

An insurance client of mine has moved back to England and asked me to cancel his legal insurance. I wrote to the insurance company, as his broker , providing details of his new address there.

Wonders happen! Looks like they have cancelled MY legal insurance and written to me at his address in England!😂

A phone call will take place tomorrow!

The phone call has taken place! " Sie sind Herr John Gunn, geb. xx xx 1983."

" I wish I was. 1952, actually."

It was all good- natured and the client's contract is being " re-cancelled " and mine " re-instated "!!

I could really see the funny side of it!

This is so ridiculous, I had to laugh. I hope it isn't true!

main-qimg-ff2c86784f348aec40d4351b6eaf7a

44 minutes ago, Acton said:

This is so ridiculous, I had to laugh. I hope it isn't true!

Snopes calls this "unproven".

China does not keep statistics on hit-to-kill incidents (or allegations), but statistics on traffic accidents are quite interesting. Xinhua News Agency has reported that in the PRC, there is a four-to-one ratio of traffic accidents resulting in injury versus traffic accidents resulting in death. In the United States, the ratio is approximately 70 to 1.

This means that traffic accidents are vastly more likely to result in death in China than in the United States. To be clear, I think that the primary reasons for this disparity include: less seatbelt use in the PRC; more drunk driving in the PRC; more dangerous driving in the PRC.

Hit-to-kill driving is far less significant, in my opinion, than these other factors. Nevertheless, the fact that such a high percentage of traffic accidents result in death is extremely disconcerting.

So the rumour remains unproven and actually can be attributed to many countries (says Snopes).

Snopes

main-qimg-9fa3da33a822fba246d55f5bfff7a7

Do we have a thread for optical illusions? I find them facinating.

TIP: You don't have to touch the screen. Just put your finger across the middle.