What made you laugh today?

20,756 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Sannerl said:

Or really hot peppers...

you sick child.  you need a spanking

5 hours ago, Techsmex said:

you sick child.  you need a spanking

No need - the hot peppers burned enough.

I didn't even realize that I had a small wound on my left middle finger until I cut the peppers...

I live in one of a block of 9 Reihenhäuser.   I am the only English one here (or even nearby).   Not for the first time, someone has left a pile of books "Zu Verschenken".  Nice.  They are English language bodice ripping yarns.  And a lot of them.  And what is really cute is today someone also dumped a big paper carrierbag with 12 empty Vodka bottles next to the books.  Ha.

2 hours ago, snowingagain said:

I live in one of a block of 9 Reihenhäuser.   I am the only English one here (or even nearby).   Not for the first time, someone has left a pile of books "Zu Verschenken".  Nice.  They are English language bodice ripping yarns.  And a lot of them.  And what is really cute is today someone also dumped a big paper carrierbag with 12 empty Vodka bottles next to the books.  Ha.

I am fairly certain that someone had finally finished War and Peace or Dr Zhivago and had needed a drink! Who wouldn't?😂

19 minutes ago, john g. said:

I am fairly certain that someone had finally finished War and Peace or Dr Zhivago and had needed a drink! Who wouldn't?😂

War and Peace was a bodice ripper?  Come on, I was never reduced to drinking vodka after reading it. Not read Dr Zhivaogo but enjoyed other Pasternak.   Books outside were more Mills and Boon (have read a few in Laundromats in the UK)  but with heavier and even more implausible sex scenes.  

I mostly smoked dope back then when reading anything!😂 ( In my youth )...

No alcohol or rarely! The Russians in my part of  Hamburg in the 25 years I spent in Harburg were different to me- they drank vodka in the park! Whether reading or not👍

Brilliant.

Snowy, could you likewise please take a shot of the pertinent pages (life too short to read the peripherals, surely) and put them up here for our amusement? TT needs amusement. And it is the only excitement I am likely to be getting in that direction for a long time. As for finding the vodka bottles funny I congratulate you on having retained a sense of humour. Seem to have lost mine (again). Understandable (if only you all knew) in the circumstances...

Going to have to repost as cannot correct one above, some smart people might have guessed the joke anyway but

fill my can.JPG

Minty_.jpg

“I’m sorry, Irwin. … It’s your breath. It’s … it’s fresh and minty.”