What made you laugh today?

20,349 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Dude, it's only September. You could at least wait until after Halloween to start with the Christmas jokes...

(I keed)

A preemptive strike, just in case Krimble doesn't happen this year due to Covid-19 :lol:

18 hours ago, Janx Spirit said:

Absolutely hilarious. But could the mods please put it in the Corona (Anti-)Vaccination thread? It absolutely nails what's going on there. Spot on.

I fear the days of moderation and civil discourse are gone.

But hey ho, whack-a-mole is now our goal ;) 

"No bull: Scientists potty train cows to use ‘MooLoo’ "

Turns out cows can be potty trained as easily as toddlers. Maybe easier.

It’s no bull. Scientists put the task to the test and 11 out of 16 cows learned to use the “MooLoo” when they had to go.

Just like some parents, the researchers used a sweet treat to coax the cows to push through a gate and urinate in a special pen. And it took only 15 days to train the young calves. Some kids take quite a bit longer.

“The cows are at least as good as children, age 2 to 4 years, at least as quick,” said study senior author Lindsay Matthews, an animal behavioral scientist at New Zealand’s University of Auckland who worked with colleagues on the tests at an indoor animal research lab in Germany.

https://apnews.com/article/oddities-new-zealand-europe-animals-biology-fc795581062bbde21c49143579f99639

Of course the Germans were involved ;) 

From somewhere in America. I wish I could be more creative when confronted with such rudeness.

"I know I shouldn’t have done this, but I am 83 years old and I was in the McDonald’s drive-through this morning and the young lady behind me leaned on her horn and started mouthing something because I was taking too long to place my order. So when I got to the first window I paid for her order along with my own. The cashier must have told her what I'd done, because as we moved up she leaned out her window and waved to me and mouthed "Thank you.", obviously embarrassed that I had repaid her rudeness with kindness. When I got to the second window I showed them both receipts and took her food too. Now she has to go back to the end of the queue and start all over again,

Don't blow your horn at old people, they have been around a long time."

3 hours ago, murphaph said:

It caught me too. It's weird how it works. 

I see 1000 4x, so 4000, then added 40+30+20+10, so 100 on top of 4000=4100 

8 hours ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Yeah I can add them up just fine but the first time my brain added 10 to 4090 and gave me 5000 I guess. Second time I saw the mistake. It's not clear to me "how" I was tricked into the error but clearly there's some trick there that catches people out.

Yup, me too. Did it exactly as Luke did it, but happily agreed with 5000 when it was offered as the answer, because the tens do resolve nicely into a number with a lotta noughts, and what's one extra amongst friends?

13 hours ago, LukeSkywalker said:

That's cheating. You have to follow the directions and do it as mental arithmetic.

10 minutes ago, Acton said:

That's cheating. You have to follow the directions and do it as mental arithmetic.

My brain works differently 🤓.